Cleaning Greenhouses/polytunnels
Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
It's still a bit early for this but last year I used sulphur candles in the greenhouse to try to eradicate any pests and diseases, the main one being tomato leaf mould. This has reappeared this year but a lot later in the year so not really a problem except it will likely strike again next year if I don't take any action - and makes saving my own seeds problematic as it can harbour in the seeds .

I wondered what, if anything others do?

Sulphur candles cn be quite expensive dan you just use flowers of sulphur do you think?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man

DaiWig Offline
(24-09-2020, 11:02 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: It's still a bit early for this but last year I used sulphur candles in the greenhouse to try to eradicate any pests and diseases, the main one being tomato leaf mould. This has reappeared this year but a lot later in the year so not really a problem except it will likely strike again next year if I don't take any action - and makes saving my own seeds problematic as it can harbour in the seeds .

I wondered what, if anything others do?

Sulphur candles cn be quite expensive dan you just use flowers of sulphur do you think?
Hi Mark
I use diluted Citrox inside and out. Seems to have done the job - £11.75 from the well known online retailer that starts with A, has a z in the middle and ends in n Rolleyes

Cheers
DaiWig
Life is like a box of chocolates and so is a Polytunnel!
[-] The following 1 user Likes DaiWig's post:
  • Can the Man

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I had TLM one year about 3 yrs ago, for the first time in 20+ years. It was so demoralising. Most advice included cleanliness and ventilation. I got a hand steam cleaner and used that to clean the inside, together with washing with diluted J's. Bearing in mind my GH was only 8x6 it was reasonably easy if time consuming. Not had TLM again, but that statement may be tempting all the fates now.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(21-12-2020, 10:05 AM)DaiWig Wrote: Hi Mark
I use diluted Citrox inside and out. Seems to have done the job - £11.75 from the well known online retailer that starts with A, has a z in the middle and ends in n Rolleyes

Cheers
DaiWig

I need to get some Citrox but I don't buy anything from Amazon. I sent them a nice email several years ago saying I'd start using them (doubt I will) when they start paying their fair share of taxes - not happened yet.

I have bought a few things mail order this year but always from firms based in the UK. The last thing was a bit deceptive though, a composting toilet so visitors could go without going into the house. I think it was from Wales, may be Bristol. It came as a huge number of pieces of wood like a giant jig saw which I was not expecting. It has a solar powered tap and light. And I ordered a separate urinal from Finland, the only one I could find on the internet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark_Riga's post:
  • Veggie