The jobs I INTEND to do TODAY ;)
JJB Offline
Moonraker
As October approaches and the frantic summer season calms down, I begin to start tidying  up a bit.  I've spent  the  mor nng cutting down the old fruited rasperry canes, and weeding the fruit cage.  I noticed some raspberries growing up in the area of the blackcurrant, too near the net edges, even outside the cage.  I told myself, that's  a job for later, to dig up the errant canes and plant in the gaps.  The excuses for not doing then were myriad, but were probably only procrastination.   I also remembered I told myself the same thing last year, and probably the year before that.

My list of jobs that should be done, but somehow never get done could be endless, but here's a start.  You never know it might spur me to get up off my.....  and actually do some of them.

Tidy the upper shelves of the garden shed.
Throw away pots that haven't been used for several years. - this also applies to wardrobe and clothes Smile
Scrub labels
Move perennials to a more suitable position in the flower bed.
Prune out dead bits from the apple trees before they bud next season.
Replace dying privet in hedge with cutting I took 2 years ago.

What jobs do you never get done?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Weeding!
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB

Bren Offline
Cleaning plant labels.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Almost everything!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
What if you announce on here the job that you need to do next and then come back and tell us when you've done it. We could keep nagging each other until its done!!

For example, JJB could say that tomorrow she will tidy the upper shelves of the garden shed and, in the evening, tell us whether of not the shelves are tidy!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Broadway Offline
I am very anal about lists so I do eventually get everything done!
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(21-09-2020, 09:09 PM)Veggie Wrote: What if you announce on here the job that you need to do next and then come back and tell us when you've done it. We could keep nagging each other until its done!!

For example, JJB could say that tomorrow she will tidy the upper shelves of the garden shed and, in the evening, tell us whether of not the shelves are tidy!!

I think that sounds like a good plan, but perhaps start a new thread rather than  'what I did today'  a 'what I intend to do today.' With a proviso we have to come back and report on progress. So often my intentions get side tracked and I end up doing something completely different.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(29-09-2020, 09:51 AM)JJB Wrote:
(21-09-2020, 09:09 PM)Veggie Wrote: What if you announce on here the job that you need to do next and then come back and tell us when you've done it. We could keep nagging each other until its done!!

I think that sounds like a good plan, but perhaps start a new thread rather than  'what I did today'  a 'what I intend to do today.' With a proviso we have to  come back and report on progress.  So often my intentions get side tracked and I end up doing something completely different.
I've changed the title - to remind you that this is your idea, JJB, 

So what do you INTEND to do today?  Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I intend doing nowt today so can't get castigated because I didn't do it. Tongue
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(29-09-2020, 11:22 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(29-09-2020, 09:51 AM)JJB Wrote:

I think that sounds like a good plan, but perhaps start a new thread rather than  'what I did today'  a 'what I intend to do today.' With a proviso we have to  come back and report on progress.  So often my intentions get side tracked and I end up doing something completely different.
I've changed the title - to remind you that this is your idea, JJB, 

So what do you INTEND to do today?  Tongue

That's totally passing the buck V!   Tongue back at you

Wrong day to ask!  Not a lot in the garden, as I have commitments later, although it's beautiful out there, not a lot of wind and sun shiny - just like south Wales. 

Up late as usual. Floor washing, bill paying housework (but not much). 

Musing in bed this morning I did wonder about the veg patches and what to plant where and thinking to go against what I've done for the last 35 years and divide the big beds into smaller sections, with scaffold,  plank paths for access.  Looking at two sowing  sessions of CFB, corn and mangetout to extend the seasons and deciding  where they should go.  So to that end I did go up the garden to visualise space available and orientation with regard to sun.  Not sure I've made any decisions, as although I do plan with crop rotation in mind, it usually goes haywire.

So I intend to:
Look at rearranging traditional planting orientation.  DONE
Wash kitchen floor.  DONE
Housework.  Sort of done - doesn't warrant capital letters
Make lunch ready for when P returns.  DONE
Go out to meet pals for coffee later on this afternoon - FULLY INTEND TO DO

Over to you V, the road to hell, and good intentions, etc.  What were your plans and did you get them done?  This goes for the rest of you too.  We need to revitalise some of the threads here or we'll all get bored.  V think up some more silly games we can play, you seem to be best at that sort of thing.  That's  a compliment not an insultSmile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie