Feed the Family & Veg Survival Kit
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
As you say, almost, March is a long month and there's a lot of difference between sowing March1st and March 31st.
I already have some courgette and cucumber plants growing - they're for the GH when the overnight temps improve.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Eyren, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I've sown peas an B beans this month, but no way am I starting off the tender beans, pumpkins or courgettes yet. Even sowing them late March in the good weather last year I was overwhelmed with tender stuff in the GH with the weather still too cold for them outside. Might experiment with a few mid March but save the main sowings till later. Veggie, with your tropical GH, you'll prove us all tardy, I'm sure Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Eyren, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
A pot of early DFBs in the GH gladdens the heart, JJB, and takes up very little room. Its worth a gamble. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(27-11-2020, 09:00 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: I sowed lettuce, rocket, turnips, radish, coriander and beetroot in the mini tunnel in the last two weeks as much in hope as anything else!

The coriander has been great - the cold month sowings don't bolt so we do get some leaves. Some of the radish were good, too. Nothing else appeared!!

The March list is always a bit daunting  -
By week - 

Beetroot
Radicchio
Tomatoes
Basil

Tomatillo
Squash
Melons
Lettuces
Celery
Carrots
Cabbage earliest of all
Coriander

Beetroot (again)
Cucumbers
Courgettes
Mustard Greens
Peas
Radish

Aubergines (maybe)
Beetroot (again)
Broccoli
Sprouts
Wong bok
Onions
Parsnips
Tunips

Basil
Parsley
Dill
Turnips (again)
Sweetcorn
Radicchio (again)
Radish (again)
Lettuce (again)
Kale
French beans (dwarf)
Carrots (again)
Cabbage greyhound
Beetroot (again)

But it is all the pricking out and planting out that can feel overwhelming for me, partly because it is difficult to schedule in Smile
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Eyren, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(05-03-2021, 04:31 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: But it is all the pricking out and planting out that can feel overwhelming for me, partly because it is difficult to schedule in Smile

This is why I booked two weeks off work in the second half of the month - all the little tomatoes that are popping up will keep me busy! And that's not taking into consideration all the outdoor work like finishing the raised beds and sowing broccoli raab, chop suey greens, peas, lettuce, herbs, etc, etc.

I'm looking forward to June when everything's in and growing and I just have to keep on top of the weeds!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(05-03-2021, 04:42 PM)Eyren Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 04:31 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: But it is all the pricking out and planting out that can feel overwhelming for me, partly because it is difficult to schedule in Smile

This is why I booked two weeks off work in the second half of the month - all the little tomatoes that are popping up will keep me busy! And that's not taking into consideration all the outdoor work like finishing the raised beds and sowing broccoli raab, chop suey greens, peas, lettuce, herbs, etc, etc.

I'm looking forward to June when everything's in and growing and I just have to keep on top of the weeds!

And then suddenly August arrives with boxes and boxes of produce to do something with. Love it!!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Eyren, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
To sow in April :-

Carrots
Lamb's lettuce
Spinach
Broad beans
Lettuce
Peas
Leek
Turnip
Kale
Courgette
Tomatoes
Borlotti Beans
Dwarf French beans
Climbing French beans
Runner beans
Pumpkin
Courgette
Beetroot
Chard
Mangetout
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Small chilli