Kitchen design apps??
Mikey Offline
So are you thinking the boxed mantle over the cooker section with a cupboard either side?. You have 900mm to the left of the aga and 800 to the right of the hob and oven, so they will look better with single cupboards rather than two doubles. Double cupboards start at 700mm width with me but most companies start with 800mm units and an 800 cupboard would feel tight to the door into the rest of the house.

I wouldn’t move the fridge freezer If it’s going to be an American fridge freezer as they are approx 760mm deep so would really stand out everywhere else in your room other in that little cut back. Standard tall fridge freezers and built in versions are only 600mm deep so you have more scope with them.

You don’t generally want tall cabinets on both sides though as that will narrow the width of the room and emphasise the length, you are currently a fat rectangle but This would become a thin rectangle and narrow the visual width of the room if you go tall On the left and right hand side. I Hope that makes sense.

Do you want a combi oven aswell as a single oven or instead of a single oven ?, if you have a look at something like a Neff C17MR02N0B that is a compact single oven 460mm cavity height instead of 600 and looks exactly like a small single oven inside and does everything a normal single oven can do but it also microwaves. When you use the microwave in it you don’t remove any of the metal as it’s been calibrated to be intune with the microwave. This is fine for 2 but you can only really cook on 1 shelf or 2 if they are thin. A combi could work on the island if you wanted, maybe backing onto the oven and aga.

Let me know your thoughts, I’ll tweak the mantle around the aga for you now.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Small chilli

Mikey Offline
What are you thinking colourwise for your kitchen, do you like the dark navy in the mantle image? that would work on the island, maybe mixing it with some walnut as a worktop or possibly a feature dark stone?

I've attached an image of the revised mantle section, it can't work quite like the image as I'd expect the ceiling height in that image is around 2.7 metres compared with your 2.2 metres. This is an approximation using standard height drawer fronts as fascia panels so it could be recreated by any kitchen company.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet

SarrissUK Offline
Wow Mikey, they're some amazing kitchen designs!! They look so real too, I want to move in! Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thanks Mikey, I think I wasted your time there. I love the first idea. The extra either side makes it look cluttered. Sorry. I love the idea that you did first with the main job and cooker next to the Aga.

I'm going to look at combi /steam/cookers today. I prefer your idea of having one in the island if I can get something to fit. Though OH, said just get a small microwave like I have now. Stick it where you've put the toaster near the dining end. Although this is the only time in my life I will ever have a new kitchen (I'm on a serious budget - my last budget went on a new roof that started to slip off Sad) I
Think it's worth the legwork now to look at the costs.
I've plenty more worktop space than I had before with the new island. I like the cream units on the wall. For the island I would like a contrast like you have drawn - I would like painted? cupboards and think a dark graphite grey or an off black/one step down colour from the Aga? Do you think that would be too dark? I have a black slate floor at the moment.
Depending on cost - there's a little stone independent stone floor shop near me and they do a mixed flag/stone colour floor Big Grin like an old stone floor.I'm sure you know what I mean!
I wonder if I can get an old beam for that bar that's running over the Aga?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man

Mikey Offline
This is what it’s all about Scarlet run with an idea if you don’t like it step back. Smile I save every version so it easy to swap. So dark graphite island, I’ll show you a version with just the island and also all base cupboards so you can see the difference.

Don’t leave the microwave on the worktop if you can avoid it. It always looks cluttered. How often do you use it, every day/a lot, occasionally, rarely? It’s location depends on its use! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man

Mikey Offline
Here you are Scarlet, some views of Graphite with a grey flagstone effect floor. I've left the tall units light as I think the grey might be a little oppressive. I can show you the grey though if you'd like.

Neff make a combination Microwave Oven that is also a steam oven, from memory I think its a C1APG64NOB, it's actually one of their better priced combi microwaves. Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Is that the oven in the island unit?
Drop down door or side opening?
Is there enough room to open the door, remove the hot cooked items safely?
I like lots of space in front of oven doors.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:

Mikey Offline
It's the combi microwave V, the door folds down rather than side opening but when open uses a little less than 400mm of the path from the 1100mm space between island, aga and single oven. Honestly it's not tight at all. Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
.............but you'd have to bend down to see what was happening and you don.t know how big Scarlet's bottom is. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:

Mikey Offline
(23-09-2020, 10:43 PM)Veggie Wrote: .............but you'd have to bend down to see what was happening and you don.t know how big Scarlet's bottom is. Wink

Are you saying Scarlet's rear is bigger than 2' 4" V, you are awful. Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie