Kitchen design apps??
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Sorry, I know it's well off topic.....but I'm finally getting a kitchen!!! A big one Smile OMG - I have waited 20 years for this.
I think my husband has been fed up with the "if anyone needs a new kitchen it has to be Scarlet" comments.

My plans ran out but they are alive again - just waiting on the builders quotes. We've decided on a smaller build due to costs but I'm still happy.

I've been trying to draw mine out on paper, but this isn't working. I've a couple of vulnerable peeps at home so I don't want to go trawling the shops looking for inspiration. But this is my one and only chance of getting the kitchen that I want - my OH is already saying "you can add those cabinets later" that will never happen. I want it done as one project. 
I finally get a kitchen that has a big fridge!! I have spent the last 20 years going outside to the fridge in the shed to get stuff while cooking- no fun in the rain.

Anyway - any free apps out there where I can just plot in the measurements and move boxes around?
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
How very exciting Scarlet. Oddly enough I’ve been doing the very same thing for months. I’ve not had much luck with any of the free apps. They’re all just not quite  Rolleyes . A few of online ones to look at as well 
https://smilekitchens.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQj...RSEALw_wcB

https://kitchen-visualiser.homebase.co.uk/touch

These a few more as well. Again not quite, but you can get some ideas
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thank you SC. I will take a look.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IKEA used to do one................or you could ask Mikey. Wink

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/planners/kitc...ub4bc87cb1
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Scarlet

Mikey Offline
Yeah Scarlet what you messing at, Big Grin draw your room out on a piece of paper, wall length, doors, windows and height to windowsill, window height and overall ceiling height. Do you have anything complex like pitched roof or velux in the space. What style are you after, here’s some I did earlier. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Mikey Offline
Current trends vary depending where in the country you are, London is dark green and dark blue, whereas most of the rest of the country is still into shades of grey.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Mikey Offline
Here’s some computer images to whet your appetite, Obviously this is a free design service as this old dog don’t travel outside of Wales. Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 5 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I "invented" a kitchen unit for my kitchen and its really useful. I won't show you a photo as its covered in junk at the moment so you'll have to imagine it!

Its like the central island in Mikey's 3rd photo (mine's a standard double floor cupboard) but its on castors so I can move it around the kitchen.
It has doors front and back so I can find the stuff in it from either side.
The work surface is wider than the unit.

Being movable I can trundle it anywhere I like, as a central island, against a wall, to extend another run of cupboards, a peninsula unit, to divide the kitchen in two, and so on. Its really versatile and, if I was having another kitchen built, I have another one made.

The kitchen fitters thought I was bonkers when I told them what I wanted, but after they'd made it for me, they said they'd add it to their "portfolio". Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Scarlet, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Mikey if scarlet doesn’t use and abuse your skills, I will  Big Grin .
I’ll draw my kitchen, tell you what I want in it & let you do your thing    Cool . 
We’ll pretend at this point that the budget is limitless. I can promise you it isn’t!!! 

Veggie I’d love to see a photo of you unique kitchen unit. It sounds brilliant.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

At the moment, its shunted into the corner doing duty as the apple processing station - in other words, the apples are dumped there awaiting peeling. Once peeled they go to the "cook" in the cooking area. Saves us getting under each other's feet.

Don't laugh at the half height curtains, they're to stop the dogs barking at everything that passes the window - birds, chicken, fallen leaves - the leaves are very threatening. Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey