You can run but you can’t hide!
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Hi Yasai and Stem. Good to hear from you.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Yasai

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Hi and welcome to you both! Wink
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Yasai

Bren Offline
(20-05-2020, 06:12 PM)Stem20 Wrote: Hi Guys, Finally got round to registering. Been hectic recently, new drives going in, planting out stuff, Mum went into hospital then moved to another and today finally went into a care home, not happy to not be going home but we all agree it's for the best. Hope to post an update on the allotment and sort a few pictures out. bfn Stem

Welcome aboard Stem  Smile    

Sorry to read your Mums problems hope she's getting the help she needs now.

Me being a back garden grower I always like to have a nosy at allotment photos, not been on one since I was a kid and I helped out my Dad.

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Welcome Yasai

Welcome Stem
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Yasai

SarrissUK Offline
Deja vu moment - welcome to this forum Yasai! Smile

And hi Stem - welcome! And big hugs to mum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Yasai

Stem20 Offline
Thank you all for your kind words and greetings. Hopefully things will settle down soon. She is a stubborn old bird and at 98 still insists she doesn't need any help and once the lockdown is over I will be able to visit her and get the abuse from her for letting them put her in a home. It's only a few hundred yards up the road from us, so looking forward to that. They were putting in new driveways 2 doors up from my F in L and then next door decided to have there's done so gave us a great price to have his done. Next door had a paved front and the slabs were being skipped so I have shifted 260 up to the allotment. Our garden adjoins his and the paving guy offered to do ours but it was too expensive, but did give us a great price on my mums, so they start on hers tomorrow. As we are having so much done they knocked a third off our price and upgraded to a tegula block which is more rustic and more in keeping with our property so they are starting ours next week. We have a shingle drive with a circular feature at the entrance, it seemed a shame to skip it all so those slabs are now lifted and I am relaying them at the back of mums and about a ton of shingle is going to the allotment. In addition we had some planting to do and OH wanted it in a planter, so I built one and filled it with most of a ton bag of topsoil. That with planting out pumpkin, squash, tomatoes, sweetcorn, aubergine, peppers, melon, courgettes, cobra beans and dwarf beans along with new sowings and also setting up a huge rain collection container all in a week or so I am knackered. Would be nice to have a day off tomorrow but OH wants some shrubs digging up for mums front before they get skipped, so possibly Friday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stem20's post:
  • Yasai