Maddie the Burmese
Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
I didn't want to detract from Broadway's sad news, but here at last is a pic of my BFFF (Best Feline Friend Forever):

Yes, that's her in my bed - I swear she thinks she's human!

She also likes to play fetch:

Note that I did not teach her this - she just started doing it of her own accord so I could throw her toy again!

Maddie was diagnosed with diabetes at the end of July, but is doing well on her insulin and will no doubt continue to be an adorable pain in the butt for a few more years (she's coming up on 15, and Burmese are almost as long-lived as Siamese).
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Hello Maddie and welcome to G&G. Smile
You're a very beautiful girl!
I used to have Siamese cats who liked to play fetch too. They'd also come for rides in the car and walks on the beach and in the woods with the dogs.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, JJB

Broadway Offline
Detract away Eyren, Maddie is beautiful?

My Dad's partner used to keep and show Burmese and he always said he thought they were more like dogs than cats.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, JJB, Veggie

JJB Online
Moonraker
Oh she is beautiful Eyren. I grew up with Siamese cats, and the odd Burmese cross even had a few when living in Thailand. I'm sure they are humans in feline form. Does she talk?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(07-09-2020, 06:11 PM)Broadway Wrote: Detract away Eyren, Maddie is beautiful?

My Dad's partner used to keep and show Burmese and he always said he thought they were more like dogs than cats.

Yes, they're often described as the dog-lover's cat. She likes to go for walks on a harness and lead, though unlike a dog she is in control - she just likes to explore the garden and nibble on some grass!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(07-09-2020, 06:33 PM)JJB Wrote: Oh she is beautiful Eyren.  I grew up with Siamese cats, and the odd Burmese cross even had a few when living in Thailand.  I'm sure they are humans in feline form.  Does she talk?

She does meow at us when she wants something. Well, I say meow....sometimes it's more of a grunt - she could give Grumpy Cat a run for his money Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Hello Maddie
You’re a beautiful girl.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Welcome Maddie, she’s a fine looking cat.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Eyren

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Just popping in to add that Maddie has been off the insulin since early October - we have her on a low-carb diet and it seems to be keeping the diabetes at bay Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
That’s great news.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Eyren, Veggie