Overwintering geraniums
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Well it's still too cold outside. I have some on my bedroom windowsills. So you could have them
Down by a window. Move out to a greenhouse when the temps warm up a little? I do have some in the greenhouse - those that I wasn't worried about losing. I missed one and forgot to fleece - that's dead. There's about 12 others that are under my bench covered in several layers of fleece. They are ok so far.

House ones are looking much better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Veggie

Broadway Offline
Thanks Scarlet

I do not have a GH so will leave them as is for now.

When could i consider putting them out or in a blowaway?
Regards..........Danny Smile

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
When you put your annual summer bedding out, that's when mine go outside. After your last frosts.
Though I will pull off the fleece of mine that are in the greenhouse when they start some new growth. There is none yet, they are just sat there ticking over.
I did pick through mine a few days ago taking out all the dead leaves....but I've only watered sparingly as they are in the GH. The compost is kept really dry.
I have started some scented and some more species pelargonium from seed just after Christmas. They are so slow from seed but as they were mixed bag I'm quite excited to see what I get.
One species that I grew last year was amazing - probably not for every one. But the leaves were huge and furry and it had a flower similar to the hybrids on a very long stem...about 2 foot. I'm a bit hooked with the oddities.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Broadway Offline
I was told to move them from the loft / bedroom so I did!

On the whole they don't look too bad, I'm surprised some are in flower, should I cut these back?

I will need to move them out to a blowaway soon, fingers crossed!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(13-03-2021, 10:21 AM)Broadway Wrote: I was told to move them from the loft / bedroom so I did!

On the whole they don't look too bad, I'm surprised some are in flower, should I cut these back?

I will need to move them out to a blowaway soon, fingers crossed!
You did well there Danny.  Of over a dozen plants I tried to save i think only about 5 survived.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Well if they go in a blow away I would still cover over with some fleece for a few weeks yet. Also make sure they get some airflow during the day as they can go mouldy from the wet.
I took out all the dead leaves and cleaned up my pots recently. I will post a photo later.

But already impressed with my species pelargoniums from seed this year....mixed bag but I enjoy the search for what varieties I get.

This smells of citrus, very vigorous and already the leaves are huge.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • JJB

Broadway Offline
(13-03-2021, 11:38 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Well if they go in a blow away I would still cover over with some fleece for a few weeks yet. Also make sure they get some airflow during the day as they can go mouldy from the wet.
I took out all the dead leaves and cleaned up my pots recently. I will post a photo later.

But already impressed with my species pelargoniums from seed this year....mixed bag but I enjoy the search for what varieties I get.

This smells of citrus, very vigorous and already the leaves are huge.
Thanks Scarlet, I've just brought the fleece back from the plotSmile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Good luck , they look brill. Smile

Broadway Offline
Chalk & Cheese!

[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet

Spec Offline
(07-12-2020, 06:55 PM)Spec Wrote: I have cleaned the soil off mine and put them into a polystyrene box and covered them with compost, don't know how they will do but thought I would give it a try

No joy with the above, though I did keep one which was in a pot, so next year I will leave them in their pots then cover them with dry compost.
The one I did keep is budded and almost ready to flower
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, Scarlet