Don't panic - Be Prepared!!
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I was lucky with compost as I'd bought mine in a couple of weeks before lockdown, from the corner shop that sells most things and does a good line in plants too. As a food shop they stayed open throughout.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey

Mikey Offline
Yes it’s hard to see the shop generally for plants. Smile
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
My stockpiling has been focused on "what if one of us is sick and no-one can leave the house, and we can't get a supermarket delivery slot?". I don't think it's ever going to be as bad as it was during the initial lockdown, when there was panic-buying and delivery slots were booked up weeks in advance. But if we're self-isolating, it would be good to have a couple of weeks' basic meals that can be microwaved, so that's what I bought, mostly in bits and pieces.

We've eaten some of our stockpile, and others are nearing their expiry dates, so I'm making a new shopping list! Baked beans, breakfast cereal, pasta, bread flour, that kind of thing. Oh, and cat food. Though we can get that delivered without bothering the supermarket!

ETA: we also have some frozen home-made meals, but they don't keep forever so we have to cycle through them
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Greenfingers, JJB, Mikey, Veggie

Mikey Offline
I used to love baked beans and sausages on toast as a kid but, I haven’t eaten beans since they went on that drive to remove salt and sugar from them. I think they Succeeded in removing any taste mainly. Obviously in this instance I mean the 57 variety kind. Wink I’m sure there are some which still taste nice, I’ve just not experimented with them.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Greenfingers

Bren Offline
Mikey Branston baked beans taste good those and Aldi beans are my favourites.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Greenfingers, Mikey, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(04-09-2020, 10:19 PM)Mikey Wrote: I used to love baked beans and sausages on toast as a kid but, I haven’t eaten beans since they went on that drive to remove salt and sugar from them. I think they Succeeded in removing any taste mainly. Obviously in this instance I mean the 57 variety kind. Wink I’m sure there are some which still taste nice, I’ve just not experimented with them.
Add your own flavourings - a dash of brown sauce, or soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce. They cover up a multitude of tastelessness.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Greenfingers, Mikey

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(05-09-2020, 08:41 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 10:19 PM)Mikey Wrote: I used to love baked beans and sausages on toast as a kid but, I haven’t eaten beans since they went on that drive to remove salt and sugar from them. I think they Succeeded in removing any taste mainly. Obviously in this instance I mean the 57 variety kind. Wink I’m sure there are some which still taste nice, I’ve just not experimented with them.
Add your own flavourings - a dash of brown sauce, or soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce. They cover up a multitude of tastelessness.
You forgot chilli sauce  Wink
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I wonder why? Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Mikey

Greenfingers Offline
(05-09-2020, 08:41 PM)Veggie Wrote:
But it really is bad that so much bought food is now so bland and tasteless. I used to love chocolate digestives until they took all the taste out of them. They are not even something I stocked up on in lockdown.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Greenfingers's post:
  • Mikey

Mikey Offline
I like to take a tin of beans and add salt and sugar when cooking.

They are not the boss of me. Tongue

I tried Branstons beans (other varieties are available) I was thoroughly disappointed there was no pickle in there at all. Wink
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie