Surprised to see these for sale
Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
A bit surprised that anyone would need to buy these seeds. We have an abundance here, and would be easy to find along verges 

https://www.premierseedsdirect.com/produ...elion-new/
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 3 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Mikey

Bren Offline
Think I’m missing something are these ordinary dandelion? if they are feel to come along and fill your bucket I’ve got plenty in my lawn and garden. Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Mikey

Mikey Offline
I was trying to figure out the catch. Are they a weird sort after sub species or are they common garden dandelions. I wonder how many they sell?
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Mamzie

Jimny14 Offline
That is the common dandelion according to the latin name. I dont think there's a catch. I'm guessing they sell enough to make it worth packaging them. I cant see them having any problems cultivating them.
My guess is they may be mainly bought by people who live in flats who own tortoises to grow as a treat if they dont want to be labelled as the odd bloke who picks dandelions from the grass verge.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Veggie

Mikey Offline
I was told as a child that you should never pick dandelions, as it makes you want the loo. I’m guessing it’s probably a diuretic and there’s a folklore rhyme about it, that I don’t know.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
We always used the white juice on the top of a dandelion stem after you pull the yellow head off it on our warts. It worked.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Mamzie, Mikey, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(01-09-2020, 07:00 AM)Mikey Wrote: I was told as a child that you should never pick dandelions, as it makes you want the loo. I’m guessing it’s probably a diuretic and there’s a folklore rhyme about it, that I don’t know.
Its a "piss-en-lit".
"Wanting the loo" is a rather posh way of saying "wet the bed" but maybe you were posh.................once!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Mamzie, Mikey

Mamzie Offline
Our pup loves to eat dandelion flowers. And all our small animals adore them so we pick a lot... But they come back, never a need to buy seed.

Next year I want to try to make dandelion honey as well
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 2 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey

Mamzie Offline
and now I see not just Dandilions for sale... on Seedaholic.. https://www.seedaholic.com/dandelion-tar...nalie.html

BUT Nettles as well... https://www.seedaholic.com/nettle-urtica-dioica.html
[-] The following 3 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Bren, Mark_Riga, Veggie