Adding to the Flock.
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Strange as it may seem - I don't really like eggs! Its taken years of "training" to be able to eat a soft fried egg (not one with crispy bits of white - yuk!!). Omelettes/tortillas are my usual egg meals as I can load them with other things to disguise the eggy-ness. Potato and onion was the last one.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(02-12-2020, 10:11 AM)Veggie Wrote: Strange as it may seem - I don't really like eggs! Its taken years of "training" to be able to eat a soft fried egg (not one with crispy bits of white - yuk!!). Omelettes/tortillas are my usual egg meals as I can load them with other things to disguise the eggy-ness. Potato and onion was the last one.

You're not alone,  my pal can't cope with a runny yolk.   Good job you like veggies or you'd be totally stuffed.
I hesitate to say yes to the  posting of a fried egg for fear of what I might receive. Smile
I'm definitely an egg person, on a desert island I'd choose to have eggs, bread and butter as my staples.
I thought Mrs Blodwen Brown had come to the end of her egg laying life and now she's giving you 2 a day, amazing.  She's trying to keep up with the youngsters,  and succeeding.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Sorry to disappoint you, JJB, but Mrs Blodwen Brown is "only" laying one a day - the other 3 girls lay the other 3 eggs. Wink
What is remarkable is that she has only laid a couple of eggs previously this year and had been seen down the Pot Office drawing her pension. Looks like it was a scam and she's not as old as she seemed.
Have you noticed that when things like Cars and electrical stuff start playing up, if you tell them that if they don't behave you'll get rid of them, they shake themselves down and go back to good behaviour?
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Not only electrics, but plants too. You give them one more season with the threat of the guillotine for poor performance, and they rethink and give a show
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
seen this on Instagram and thought I would share it with my feathered friends. A modern way to feed mealworms 

Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Its a good idea Can but I couldn't do it!! There's something about mealworms that gives me the eebiejeebies!
I bought a bag once but I couldn't open it. I imagine that they're all alive and are going to scuttle out of the bag and crawl all over me.
It sat in the shed for years until I managed to offload them to a friend as fishing bait!
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
You wouldn't like my sons room, he buys live mealworms for his pet rats. I ordered the wrong kind one time and they were HUGEEEE
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 4 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
      Its Bath time - this is their favourite spot!

Now they've all jumped in together. From the top, clockwise, Mrs Blodwen Brown, Dora the Explorer, Bronwen the Brown One and Gwen.Smile
[-] The following 7 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, mcdood, Scarlet, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Some sad news - Mrs Blodwen Brown has gone to the great chicken coop in the sky. She's been failing all week, eating and drinking but unable to walk. Today, a friend came over to help her on her way home.
Just 3 chooks now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Sorry to hear that veggie. RIP Mrs Blodwen Brown.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie