Autumn planted onion sets (Japanese onions)
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Big Grin 
I've been having a look on line for onion sets as the nearest Garden Centre  is miles away and it wouldn't be cost effective to purchase them that way.

As I like to grow quite a few over winter,  1lb (500g) of Senshyu and 1 lb (500g) of reds seemed an appropriate amount. Cool

I have ordered these:-

https://www.onbuy.com/gb/1kg-mixed-autum...~p8115050/

and just wondered whether anyone had dealings with Onbuy as the the free delivery made this sound like a really good deal? Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Never had dealings with them but sounds a very good buy. I'll have to be getting some onions soon.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(26-08-2020, 05:43 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: Never had dealings with them but sounds a very good buy. I'll have to be getting some onions soon.

They were a really good buy! Cool I received them today. Two paper bags of good quality separate varieties in a cardboard box. Postage cost them £2.95 so they can't have made much on deal.

Really pleased and can't wait to get them planted. Having said that I don't want to much growth before onset of winter so I may 'hang fire' for a couple of weeks. Sleepy
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
I think OnBuy is an eBay alternative. You actually bought from a seller called GRAHAMDN1A, whose name I recognise as a seed seller on eBay where they have 120,000+ feedback, 99.6% of which is positive.
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny