The build
Mikey Offline
Open pitch or standard ceilings?, pointy windows add cost open pitch with velux windows is a more cost effective away of bringing light in. Natural light will only travel 6 metres into a room from a window. Are you putting in underfloor heating, or planning on a ground or air source heat pump system?

Sorry if I’m being nosey, I spend all day questioning my customers preconceived ideas. Most architects plan details into homes that are super expensive, what do they care it’s not their money. They are kids in a toy shop mostly. Imagine getting to experiment without having to pay for it. It’s the architects fault most projects go over budget.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mamzie, Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
It's a glorious setting SC. I am so jealous. Glad you have finally got a bit of movement.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-08-2020, 08:43 AM)Mikey Wrote: Open pitch or standard ceilings?, pointy windows add cost open pitch with velux windows is a more cost effective away of bringing light in. Natural light will only travel 6 metres into a room from a window. Are you putting in underfloor heating, or planning on a ground or air source heat pump system?

Sorry if I’m being nosey, I spend all day questioning my customers preconceived ideas. Most architects plan details into homes that are super expensive, what do they care it’s not their money. They are kids in a toy shop mostly. Imagine getting to experiment without having to pay for it. It’s the architects fault most projects go over budget.
Don’t you go changing my plans  Tongue . They’re all done and excepted by planners and building warrant people. Finally!
It’s open pitch in the living room
Hate velux windows very noise when it rains (which is often) and an ar$e to clean. We have one here. 
We’re having underfloor heating and a MVHR mechanical ventilation and heat recovery unit .
Our architect was kept on a very short leash   Wink . He soon learned that I don’t mince my words and NO meant NO !
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 8 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Mamzie, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
A real homesteaders life, was always my dream but Mrs Boss would be lost without M&S.

The stuation of your plot is stunning SC. How big is tbe plot?
[-] The following 4 users Like Admin's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
Wow, I'm so pleased you're finally at a point where you can move forward with it Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-08-2020, 11:52 AM)Admin Wrote: A real homesteaders life, was always my dream but Mrs Boss would be lost without M&S.

The stuation of your plot is stunning SC. How big is tbe plot?
The plot is Three quarters of an acre .
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Mikey Offline
(21-08-2020, 09:30 AM)Don’t you go changing my plans   . They’re all done and excepted by planners and building warrant people. Finally! Wrote: It’s open pitch in the living room
Hate velux windows very noise when it rains (which is often) and an ar$e to clean. We have one here. 
We’re having underfloor heating and a MVHR mechanical ventilation and heat recovery unit .
Our architect was kept on a very short leash   Wink . He soon learned that I don’t mince my words and NO meant NO !

What will power the underfloor heating system?

Are you recycling the exhaust fumes from the cooker extractor as part of your MVHR as well?

You can always coat glass so it doesn't need cleaning under a microscope glass looks like orange peel. Plus it's really difficult to put curtains or blinds in front of pointy windows. Personally I've always liked the sound of the rain on a velux, well any glass really, it's a satisfying feeling knowing I'm on the inside not the outside at that very moment.  Big Grin  

Remember if you don't show me your plans, I can't change them Tongue Wink 
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 6 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Moth, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Underfloor will be electric. We’re having 2Kw of solar panels as well. Mainly so we’d pass sap. You come across them? Don’t know if that’s just a Scottish thing. As all regs are different up here to England & Wales. Anyway it’s lots of box ticking to make your house as energy as efficiency as possible without being a passive house.

I believe the MVHR will take the outflow from cooker hood. It takes hot damp air from kitchen, utility & bathroom. And feeds fresh warm air into the bedroom & living rooms
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Roitelet Offline
Wow!!!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 5 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Mamzie, Small chilli, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Best of luck to you and Bob SC, fantastic setting, and I luv the sounds of your designs can’t wait to see the photos
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny