Seed Guardians
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The Heritage Seed Library  (HSL) have Seed Guardians who grow a rare seed/plant specifically for seed saving - returning the seeds to the HSL  for its Seed Library and distribution to members.
There's a French organisation https://gardiensdesemences.com/seedguardians which is similar but there is more involvement with shops and restaurants to suggest varieties and sell the produce. 
Worth looking at this website as it lists the seeds chosen each year - some I recognise, many I don't but feel I would like to grow.

Some of the HSL seeds are named after the original grower or location - like Uncle Fred's Runner bean or Nameless Allotment lettuce!

My question is - do any of you grow and save seeds from the same plant every year because its a family heirloom or one that you've grown for many years that will have adapted to suit your growing conditions?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Mark_Riga, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
The short answer is no.
I’ve only really started to understand the seed saving thing, since I’ve been hanging around with you lot.
And this is only my second/ third year of actually putting some effort into saving seeds.
I’m going to be having a look at that link later and the HSL because I’ve never really looked at that either.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
errr, no. Don't often save seeds, and if I do I either loose them or leave the in the hot shed and they die. Not very successful on that front. I might get better but nowhere near good enough for 'organisations',
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I wasn't really thinking of "organisations" - just us. Smile
How nice it would be to share amongst us our own favourites that we grow every year.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Broadway Offline
I'm attempting seed saving for the first time this year, broad beans
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Mikey Offline
Only my runner beans, I got the original seed from my father's and he from his father before him but, I don't know if they go any further back than that. So at a rough guess at least 80 years of growing and possibly more.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Moth, Veggie

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
I used to be a member a long time ago, still have my copy of "Fighting like Flowers" I bought on a birthday day trip there many years ago
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man