Hybrid tomato
Mikey Offline
Last year I had Sungold and a couple of Cuor Di Bue in one of my greenhouses. This year due to lack of access to compost I used the mulch layer from my tomato beds to start off other seedlings.

Stupidly I also did my new tomato seeds and ended up with 8-9 seedlings in a pot of 3. I left them grow on. 

This particular plant has a strong stem like CDB and potato like leaves, it has palm sized fruit but, lots of them on long hanging stems like Sungold. Green ribs and red fruit like CDB yet round fruit like Sungold. No idea what it tastes like yet will find out in a day or two

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Mamzie, Veggie

Mikey Offline
I’m hoping it’s sweet with few seeds and a soft skin. The best of both parentage. Smile
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
They look interesting - what'll you call them, assuming they're good?
Sun beef, heart of gold, golden beef ...
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 1 user Likes PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Mikey

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I had a random tomato seedling come up in the tunnel bed where I grew my sungold last year. So I kept it going in the desperate hope that it would be a sungold. As none of my seeds germinated this year. Knowing that they’re F1 , I thought I’d risk letting it grow again in the desperate hope that all the seed companies were lying to me and it would grow true  Rolleyes . However, it’s grown like & looks like a sungold. Unfortunately it’s nothing like as sweet as a sungold. But I’m pleased I tried and it’s still edible.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Mamzie, Mikey

Mikey Offline
I think this is an opportunity to have G&G name it. All Suggestions welcome we can have a final vote on the most popular. Big Grin

Silly names definitely welcome, a tomato I always remember the name of is Dances with Smurfs. So all names are fair game. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Mamzie, PyreneesPlot

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Gnome Alone?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Mikey

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Mikey's Miracle.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 1 user Likes PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Mikey

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Dave
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Mikey

Mikey Offline
I’ve been trying to think of good gnome names which might include both tomatoes. All I’ve come up with so far is Sunny Oxen Rider, and Beefy Sun Catcher. Tongue

Then I thought of a TV classic and cane up with Golden Bully. Big Grin

Mikey Offline
Ok so picking and cutting revealed some interesting characteristics. The skin is thick like a cherry and quite tough like leather. I needed a serrated edge blade to cut it!! Not great, you cut into it and it’s juicy and sweet like a cherry tom. The big surprise is you can peel the skin fresh, I peeled it off a slice with ease. 

With this new found knowledge it probably needs a name including easy peel.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Veggie