Hazelnuts
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Found a few green nuts on the ground today - the squirrels take most of them.
Worth looking out for on your travels and earmarking for a later visit when they'll be ripe.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
We are super lucky and have quite a few cobnut trees in our garden, lots of nuts growing on them atm x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 2 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Mikey Offline
When I did a summer job as a kid, I drove an open topped tarmac roller, this was perfect as it meant lots of mini breaks looking down on hedgerows. Perfect height for picking snacks to keep you busy.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(09-08-2020, 12:33 PM)Mikey Wrote: When I did a summer job as a kid, I drove an open topped tarmac roller, this was perfect as it meant lots of mini breaks looking down on hedgerows. Perfect height for picking snacks to keep you busy.

I thought you were going to say the roller was ideal for cracking the nuts.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mamzie, Mikey, Veggie

Mikey Offline
A bit heavy duty Mark, my wisdom teeth are generally ok for cob nuts. Smile
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
This post just caught my eye. Last year picked a lot on 23rd August so need to check and see if there are any or if the squirrel family has taken the lot.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Mikey

Mikey Offline
Lots of nuts on the trees but the nuts inside are tiny, I think the hot dry weather early on might be the cause, the oak have dropped most of their acorns already, so I think it’s probably a bad year. I’ll make sure there’s plenty of nuts in my feeders this winter don’t want them to starve.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie