Elderberry
Mikey Offline
In the south the elderberry is almost ripe, just pray for calm weather over the next couple of weeks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
What you going to do with them Mikey?

On the rear occasion the birds & weather leave us enough. We make elderberry vinegar.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Still green here although it looks like some have already been stripped by birds.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey

Mikey Offline
Wash, And strip berries into a bowl with a fork. You want equal quantities of sugar to berries, boil and mash them to remove as much juice as possible. Drain through a muslin cloth overnight to make a syrup. Bring back to the boil and bottle in sterilised containers. Jam jars, bottles it doesn’t really matter as long as you can pour it onto a spoon.

Elderberry has recently been found by the herbal medicine fraternity, Renamed Sambucol, as it is a huge immune system booster, and taking two teaspoons a day are supposedly more effective at warding off these symptoms than commercial alternatives.

I’ve been making it for quite a few years now, and can’t remember the last time I was off I’ll. I take it daily throughout winter either just on a spoon or over some yoghurt or porridge.

It’s a very tasty medicine.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Mikey Offline
(09-08-2020, 10:11 AM)Veggie Wrote: Still green here although it looks like some have already been stripped by birds.
It’s not the birds V it’s the wind and rain that knocks them off. That is why we need mild weather for the next couple of weeks to minimise the loss.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm sure they're being knocked off by the pesky pigeons - they're so clumsy.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey

Mikey Offline
Do you have them in the garden V?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man