CFB yellowing leaves
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

These are my Hunter CFBs - about 12 plants. They're the variety that I conned JJB into growing. Smile

I'm growing Hunter on the south side and DFBs on north side (you can't see them) - only because they're easier to pick from the path on the north and the CFB's lean towards the path.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I think mine are too bedraggled to show a picture. They were originally sown in the early days of March when we had that lovely weather during the beginning of lockdown. Far too early, as they were very leggy and straggly when finally planted out. They may just have reached their allotted life span. Nonetheless they will be sown again next season. I have also grown merchant of venice which is very similar but yellow. The two are very pretty together in a stir fry.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've just found your other thread about Leggy beans - I think you have the answer to why yours are exhausted now.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Oh, yes, they were truly leggy. Will I learn my lesson, probably not,
Greetings from Salisbury

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(08-08-2020, 10:46 AM)JJB Wrote: Hunter.  They're a flat type of CFB.  Much enjoyed in the JJB  household

Interesting. Might confuse my husband, though!  Wink

I'm growing Cobra, which also has an RHS AGM and is supposed to crop well in a small area.
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eyren's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm all for confusing husbands (or at least mine) Smile. Poor next door's hubby has dementia, and we mislaid him today, luckily found him hiding behind a tree way up the top of the garden. That's when confusion is no laughing matter. I tell hubby to count his blessings....and eat his beans.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Eyren, Mikey, Veggie

Mikey Offline
Nice to see at any age there’s an excuse for eating your veg. Smile
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • JJB