The Evolution of a Pea Room!!
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

First there was an unlovely shrub here until someone gave me a pre-formed pond - so I dug up the shrub and enlarged the hole for the pond. The frogs came and everyone was happy until the pond sprang a leak. Out came the pond and the hole was levelled and filled with pebbles and a bird bath. Then the bird bath cracked and all that remained was the base, buried by pebbles. 

Seemed a pity to waste this area so added a post in each corner, some cross pieces surplus from a GH frame and some netting. Had to lower one corner as it was too close to the rotary line and my washing kept catching on it. Also netted on 3 sides only, as it would be daft to stop myself getting in there.  Big Grin

I sowed lots of different mangetout peas in whatever pots and troughs I could find and put them in position . The seedlings didn't survive long as they were either eaten or dug up. This time I started the peas in modules in the GH and planted them out inside plastic bottles from the vinegar that was used to spray the front garden weeds. As you see, the peas grew unmolested and I'll definitely do this next time. 

The flowers are beautiful in various shades of white, pink, mauve and purple and the peas are yellow, purple and green - maybe some mottled ones too if I'm lucky!

The moral of this story is - it doesn't matter how small the space is, you can always find room for a pot of peas.  Cool
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Can the Man, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

Bren Offline
I do like purple prodded peas they’re much easier to pick than the normal green ones that try their hardest to hide.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
Gardening in a simplified way often gives better results and great satisfaction...looks great V
[-] The following 1 user Likes Admin's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(06-08-2020, 07:28 PM)Bren Wrote: I do like purple prodded peas they’re much easier to pick than the normal green ones that try their hardest to hide.
I promise that I don't prod my peas. Wink

Sorry Bren, but it had to be said. Blush
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
    Just found another stage in the evolution - the boarded over "pond" with a little rivulet that actually had water running over it. It was boarded over and "fenced" because the puppies kept falling in.  Rolleyes
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Mikey, Small chilli

Bren Offline
(06-08-2020, 07:42 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 07:28 PM)Bren Wrote: I do like purple prodded peas they’re much easier to pick than the normal green ones that try their hardest to hide.
I promise that I don't prod my peas. Wink

Sorry Bren, but it had to be said. Blush
Don’t you just love predictive text.   Rolleyes  I’m sure my phone has a life of it’s own.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:

Mikey Offline
Puppies, how old are those fluff balls now!!
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Jay Offline
I’m guessing 4 or 5?
West of Scotland
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
They're 5, 6 in December!! Scary how quickly time goes by.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Mikey

Admin Offline
The Boss
Wow that is scary! Where have those years gone!
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post: