Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Eyren, mcdood, Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(21-02-2021, 11:41 AM)Veggie Wrote: Looks lovely, Eyren. Smile
At this rate, you'll be picking tomatoes in there next week.

LOL  Big Grin

I'm planning on sowing my tomatoes (and other heat-lovers) on Friday, just before the full moon - it'll give me time to assess the daytime temperature, so I can be sure the chillies will be warm enough to germinate!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • mcdood, Veggie, Vinny

Spec Offline
Will it be a glass roof Eyren?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Eyren

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(21-02-2021, 07:04 PM)Spec Wrote: Will it be a glass roof Eyren?

Yes, all glass. The old one had a cheap corrugated plastic roof and wooden panels in the triangles at each side, so this one will be a bit lighter but hopefully not as hot!  Smile
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Bren, JJB, mcdood, Veggie, Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
It's finished!!!

Well, sort of. We still have to paint the doors to match the woodwork and get someone in to redo the manky plasterboard on the house wall, but we have a functioning conservatory again Big Grin

Mr E is going to get out his steam cleaner tomorrow afternoon (he does like his gadgets!) and clean the floor, then I can get the shelves in and set up my propagator - I can hardly wait!
[-] The following 7 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Looks great, Eyren..............but it will look even better full of "stuff".Wink
Is there a power point in there?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Eyren, Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(25-02-2021, 05:13 PM)Veggie Wrote: Looks great, Eyren..............but it will look even better full of "stuff".Wink

Yes, I can't wait to "move in"! I have some cute solar lights in the shape of little terrariums to hang up, and I can bring my nice gardening bag in from the shed at last!

My shelf units will need painting as they're rather stained and grotty, but that will have to wait until June when the bulk of the seedlings have gone outside.

(25-02-2021, 05:13 PM)Veggie Wrote: Is there a power point in there?

Yes, there's one just under the radiator - you can just about see a white blob!
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I see it!!! The white blob has appeared. Smile You'll be able to do anything in there now.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Eyren, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Nice, like that. It’ll be awesome when it’s full of tomatoes, chillies, peppers & aubergines  Cool .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, Eyren, Veggie, Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(25-02-2021, 06:20 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Nice, like that. It’ll be awesome when it’s full of tomatoes, chillies, peppers & aubergines  Cool .

The tomatoes will be outside - the garden faces roughly SE so the patio gets a lot of sun in summer. I have two "gro-zones" (mini greenhouses, no shelves but with three small holes in the top to hold canes in place), a couple of hanging baskets, and will also be growing some "Outdoor Girl" in a raised bed.

Besides, there won't be a lot of space indoors if my chillies, peppers and aubergines are a success!
[-] The following 4 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Bren, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny