Garden transformation
Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
The conservatory fitters arrived this morning and dismantled our old conservatory!

I guess tomorrow they'll be cleaning up the old base - the wooden framework and glazing units are all stacked around the garden, ready to go up Big Grin
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, mcdood, Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Are you going for a bigger conservatory, different design, Orangery or what?
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Eyren, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Do you have a "before" photo, Eyren, please?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Eyren

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(18-02-2021, 06:34 PM)Vinny Wrote: Are you going for a bigger conservatory, different design, Orangery or what?

Same size, slightly different design. The garden is tiny (see my signature!) so there's no sense in extending the conservatory. They will just clean up the existing base, repoint the brickwork and build up from there.

However it will be a better quality build, custom-made instead of a Wickes kit (the original one was installed by the previous owners so I can't be sure, but that was the conservatory designer's guess!), and painted a tasteful grey-green colour - I'm going for that Victorian potting shed vibe Big Grin
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(18-02-2021, 07:23 PM)Veggie Wrote: Do you have a "before" photo, Eyren, please?

Sure! It's pretty horrific - the old conservatory was totally overgrown with ivy  Confused

I'll try and remember to take a photo from this same angle later this spring, once we've replaced the old raised beds as well.

Although I've said I'm going for a Victorian vibe with the paint colour, the late 80s pseudo-Victorian craze has a lot to answer for. It's take the best part of twenty years (and a shedload of money) to get rid of all the faux mahogany and other dark decor - so gloomy in a tiny modern house - and we're still not finished!
[-] The following 6 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, mcdood, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Admin Offline
The Boss
(18-02-2021, 06:25 PM)Eyren Wrote: The conservatory fitters arrived this morning and dismantled our old conservatory!

I guess tomorrow they'll be cleaning up the old base - the wooden framework and glazing units are all stacked around the garden, ready to go up Big Grin

Thats a totally new take on a heated patio Wink
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post:
  • Eyren, Small chilli, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
The builders are going great guns - by the end of Friday the framework was complete!

They'll be back tomorrow to start fitting the glazing, and reckon they'll be done by Wednesday Big Grin
[-] The following 6 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, mcdood, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Looks lovely, Eyren. Smile
At this rate, you'll be picking tomatoes in there next week.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Eyren, mcdood

Bren Offline
It looks nice and airy love the colour.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Eyren, mcdood, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Very nice Eyren. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Eyren