Garden transformation
Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Question 
Back on our temporary forum before the official G&G, I promised someone (Broadway?) I'd post before and after photos of my garden, so...

I don't have a "proper" Before photo, because the garden was so overgrown you couldn't actually get in there! You'll just have to imagine the head-high brambles and buddleia the size of Yggdrasil Big Grin

I hasten to add that nearly all the work below was done by our excellent gardener, Mark Johnson. I just planted the veg and helped my husband build the bike shed (behind the trellis in the second photo).

Phase 1 - after clearing the jungle:

Phase 2 - Fences and sheds done, old raised beds planted up

Still to come - new raised beds, lawn, etc.
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 8 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, Mikey, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
Great job EyrenSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
I thought I posted this last autumn, but evidently not!

We managed to get two raised beds built, and one filled up with soil and compost, despite the awfully wet autumn we had. The filled bed is now planted with garlic and salad leaves (lamb's lettuce, Winter Density lettuce and various oriental leaves) and covered in Thermacrop. The salad is all growing well, but I'm hoping it'll put on a spurt of growth once it gets warmer and lighter and help fill the hungry gap.

Now we just have to wait (somewhat impatiently) for an installation date from our conservatory builders!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 8 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Good to see you back, Eyren. Been waiting patiently for an update.Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(01-02-2021, 04:44 PM)Veggie Wrote: Good to see you back, Eyren. Been waiting patiently for an update.Wink

Aw, thanks! I was really busy the end of last year, then wasn't really feeling the garden love in the depths of winter, especially as our sticky clay soil is a pain to work with in cold wet weather. Starting to get excited again, though - I spent several hours at the weekend checking all my seed supplies and planning what I'm going to grow!
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Soon be time to get those seeds going...................unless you've started already, like me,Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(01-02-2021, 05:23 PM)Veggie Wrote: Soon be time to get those seeds going...................unless you've started already, like me,Wink

I'm going to be sowing some broad beans and sweet peas this week, and checking my heated propagator. I can't sow a lot before the conservatory is replaced owing to limited space, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it happens soon!
[-] The following 4 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Nice job Eyren! Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(01-02-2021, 06:00 PM)Vinny Wrote: Nice job Eyren! Cool

Mr E did most of the work - I just helped him move the timber frame into place, planted it up and put the mesh over it  Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
Very nice Smile
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren