Greetings from Cheshire!
Clare Offline
Hi all,

Just joined and finding my way around the site.  I am a keen gardener in my spare time, love growing my own organic veg and fruit.  I love wildlife too with the exception of Grey Squirrels!! 
I live next to the woods so am fortunate to be able to go foraging at various times of the year for wild fruits/garlic etc.  I have two ex-battery chickens 'Ellie & Edna' that are free range in my garden.  They like nothing more than to wake up the neighbours on a quite sunny mornings, luckily I have kind neighbours that I can keep sweet with fresh eggs and home made cakes passed over the fence, so all good.

My dream has always been to create a cottage garden for butterflies,bees and wildlife.  This year i have finally manged to do this in pots and they look great. I am a sucker for buying seeds at the garden centers especially if they are reduced.  I can normally be found in the Search and rescue area of the garden center, taking pity on the scrawny half dead plants during the Autumn and Winter months.   I have found this is the best time to buy them at a fraction of their price, come spring time the following year everything bursts back to life.  I have also become slightly obsessed with Salvias recently.  I currently have 15 different varieties in my garden and have taken a lot of cuttings this year, so next years garden will be even better!

Look forward to chatting to folk Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Clare's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Welcome to g&g.........finally!   Wink .
This lot here are very nose and will want to see photos of your lovely garden. 
I want to see photos so I can draw circles round all the plants I want cuttings from . You can bring them with you when you come up next month  Big Grin .

Everyone here will love you because you’re already said lots of the magic words. Chickens, love of wildlife and a seed obsessed. Told you , you’d fit in. 
You must join us in the seed swaps & circles when they start.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
Welcome Clare

A great group of people, some a little crazy, one off their trolly but we all share the love of gardening
[-] The following 4 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Clare, Small chilli, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Welcome Clare from the Emerald Isle
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Croeso Clare from Sunshiny South Wales.:
I have a rescue chicken too - Mrs Brown. She used to have some sisters but they've all gone to the great chicken coop in the sky and Mrs Brown is left to rule the roost. Smile
I like Salvias too although don't have many. There seem to be new varieties on offer all the time.Look forward to seeing some photos of your garden.

I understand you know Small Chilli...............never mind. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Vinny

Broadway Offline
Hiya Clare,

WelcomeSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Clare Offline
Smile 
(27-07-2020, 11:34 PM)Veggie Wrote: Croeso Clare from Sunshiny South Wales.:
I have a rescue chicken too - Mrs Brown. She used to have some sisters but they've all gone to the great chicken coop in the sky and Mrs Brown is left to rule the roost. Smile
I like Salvias too although don't have many. There seem to be new varieties on offer all the time.Look forward to seeing some photos of your garden.

I understand you know Small Chilli...............never mind. Smile
Bore da!

I'm originally from Sunny north Wales too and speak the lingo!  Yes i have known Small Chilli for a long time now...27yrs infact!!  I'm sure at some point I can send you some seeds and cuttings if you like.  My chooks used to be 6 but  now left with just the 2. Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Clare's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Clare Offline
Smile 
(28-07-2020, 05:49 AM)Broadway Wrote: Hiya Clare,

WelcomeSmile
Morning Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clare's post:
  • Can the Man

Clare Offline
(28-07-2020, 05:49 AM)Broadway Wrote: Hiya Clare,

WelcomeSmile
Hi Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clare's post:
  • Can the Man

Clare Offline
(27-07-2020, 11:08 PM)Admin Wrote: Welcome Clare

A great group of people, some a little crazy,  one off their trolly but we all share the love of gardening
Thanks, i'm defo in the right place then...lol  Small Chilli can vouch for that! Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Clare's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie