Runner bean planting
Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
How do you do yours?

Bobs dad used to dig a trench. Half fill with grass clippings, then back fill. I’ve always meant to try it but always forget  Rolleyes . I’m giving it a go this year.  As soon as I’ve applied a bucket of midge cream, I’m off to dig the trenches.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
Hubby used to trench and chuck loads of kitchen waste in, lay dribbly hose thing, plant out beans seedlings, finally tuck up in a nice blanket of straw - we missed the trench this year as they were working on juggle garden around x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 2 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Bren Offline
I dig a fairly large planting hole and add a mix of darlik compost and leaf mould. After the plants are established i mulch them with grass clippings.
This way Seems to work fine for me.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Dig a little hole with a trowel or dibber and bung them in.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Proserpina, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Two trenches dug but I don't think I will have enough grass cuttings added by the time beans are ready to plant out. I will probably use cardboard and newspaper as well to retain moisture. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Haven't got room for trenches so will bung come homemade compost into each hole and hope for the best. They'll be CFB not runners though. Gave all my runners away.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:

SarrissUK Offline
I did that the first time I grew beans, but haven't since, only because I'm too lazy to do the digging, and time seems to run away with me in the spring.

I've not noticed any difference, but I'm not disputing it - I've just not noticed any difference Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:

Stem20 Offline
Most of my stuff is in 2 x 1 metre raised beds so I drag the soil to one side spread a bag of horse muck in then drag the other way do the same then level off cover with cardboard. Sow the beans in pots and when they are about 50mm + high I plant them through the cardboard along a premade 2m high frame.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stem20's post: