The good and the bad, not forgetting the ugly
JJB Offline
Moonraker
What worked for you this year and what didn't.   What are you definitely growing again after trying it, and what was a dead loss.  I know the season isn't over, so this thread might continue long into the year.

I interplanted iceberg lettuce around the edge of my sweetcorn block, and they seemed to really enjoy the semi shade.  I shall be doing that again.  Calendula succumbed to powdery mildew so perhaps not bother next year.  Dianthus from seed are  good and give a long display.  Raspberries this year were down on poundage but up on flavour.  I like the taste of yellow CFB Marvel of venice, a new one to me this year and will be growing again.   Although Coco blanc a rames is only ok as green beans, they say you can dry them, but I don't use dried beans much, so won't bother next year.  There will no doubt be more to report as the season progresses.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Trinidad perfume will not be getting grown in the semi hydroponic system next year. Normal pots for them.
I’ll be growing pak Choi again next year. First time trying for a long time and it’s doing very well.
A couple of tomato varieties are going to have to be the best tasting things on the planet to ever get grown again.
Growing a lot more inside or under net tunnels. With this years experimenting it’s definitely the way forward ( this I already knew, but now I’ve convinced Bob  Rolleyes , so things will get made ). 
Don’t want to speak to soon , but I think I’ve managed to grow a cauliflower!!!!.

I will update again in a few weeks / months    Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Growing onion from seed has been very successful also grew some other varieties of kale which has been great. Growing Irish turnips I.e. swede in pots looking successful so far. Will do all this again next year
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I say this every year, but I really am pulling up all the yellow raspberries - disgusting tasteless things.
Most of the peaches, nectarines and cherries have also been uprooted as they all fell foul to either peach leaf curl or birds.

On the positive side, I've added DFBs to my early/late sowings as they were such a success in the GH. I'll be sowing them next Jan/Feb at the same time as the early toms, cucumbers & courgettes for the GH.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

toomanytommytoes Offline
Brokali Apollo F1 I won't bother with again, second year we've grown it and it's never produced the profusion of side shoots as advertised. Rubi F1 pak choi has pretty poor germination and is very slow to get going, and I prefer the taste of white pak choi. The basil and coriander went to seed very early and I was a bit slow to sow more. Scarlet kale is alright but insects love hiding in the ruffles and I find it harder to wash versus flatter Tuscan-type kale. The cimi di rapa and kailaan didn't do very well in the hot spring.

Calabrese I am undecided, the heads were pretty small and they've been very slow to produce side shoots. Four plants take up half of a raised bed.

Sweetcorn, spinach, kohl rabi, turnips, radish, celery, shallots, baby kale, mizuna and cos lettuce were all new for us this year and all successes so far.
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Broccoli Raab was another I keep trying but fail with. Not going to bother next year. On the other side of the coin, really dwarf curly kale seems to be a success, I forget its variety but will edit this post when I find it.. Usually the curly kale grows so high I run out of mesh to cover it.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man