Bitter Courgette - Fothergills' Zucchini and Unwins' Tristar
Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
Ty, I am on mobile, and it kept kicking me out if editing the op
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 2 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Be aware that Unwins are part of Marshalls - who also sell Tristar and DTBrown & Fothergills are also linked - and sell Zucchini seeds.
They probably use the same suppliers.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Mamzie, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
You only need to lick it to taste the bitterness - I was dull enough to try 3 over a few days before pulling my plant.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Mamzie, Veggie

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
I am guessing they were a tad bitter then Scarlet ?
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(11-07-2020, 07:14 PM)Veggie Wrote: GYO magazine have given Zucchini seeds as freebies with the magazine. They're T&M seeds. No date "when packed"  but Sow bydates of April 2021 and May 2022.
I'm going to bin them as I have plenty of other courgette seeds and its not worth the risk, IMO.
Same here, Veggie! I'm so glad I came back to G&G and found this thread - I got two batches of "Zucchini" seeds from different magazines, and it seems quite plausible to me that they could be from the same batch.

Going to throw the seeds away, and hoick out the one plant that's sprawling all over my raised bed. I was planning to buy new seed in the autumn anyway - it was rather hard to get anything except magazine freebies once lockdown started. I'm just relieved now that the other seedling I raised as backup died before I got round to offering to my neighbours!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • JJB, Mamzie, Veggie