Garden Gnomes
Mikey Offline
(23-07-2020, 01:05 PM)JJB Wrote: Mikey I fear for your sanity though it's great to see the Welsh names.  As a southerner I have no idea how to pronounce them.  Do you research all the information you so avidly impart to us or is it off the top of your head from memory.  If the latter, I'm impressed.
More often than not the bare bones are there but, I have to go and double-check, I'm not making a faux pas in spelling, my welsh is far better spoken than written to be fair.

Most of my random knowledge comes from random conversations or comments on the radio or history programmes. I'm a serial doubter, so if someone says something I generally have got to double-check it and then I'm off in a side alley of weird and random fact. 

I don't have a photographic memory but, I do have a really weird ability to hold numbers, phone, passcodes, plates, so anything weird that's connected to numbers tends to spark a memory. Before I got married, when we were searching for a car to transport the OH to the venue, we passed a white classic car, with a placard on it, the OH said can you remember that number until we get to my parents, a couple of minutes away. Well, she forgot to ask me until about two weeks later, and I rattled off the number without a second thought. That's when I realised I had an odd capability. These days I don't need any of my cards to pay for anything, or any of my account details if I'm talking with a supplier. In work, I know the phone numbers of about 80 odd suppliers we use, plus our account numbers with them. It's a bit freaky, and I can't explain how or why I sometimes see the numbers and worse sometimes I doubt myself when they come out in sequence without me believing they are correct but are anyway. 

Before you ask I've never forgotten my anniversary. Wink and yes I still remember the wedding car number!!
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I'm not interested in the wedding car number but can you remember what the placard said?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey

Mikey Offline
Glyn’s wedding cars, it was short and sweet, we didn’t use them though OH arrived in a white rover 75. A friend of her fathers. Tongue
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man