Grower & Cook?
Mikey Offline
We share the cooking duties a little 4-3 in my favour, though the OH doesn’t grow or pick and very rarely cooks with veg, unless they are oven roasted. I grow what they will eat otherwise I’m growing for just myself, which I don’t enjoy as there’s only me that goes mmm that was nice. Doesn’t work as well when you are telling yourself.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I am the grower, but share the cooking. I make basic meals and OH tends to experiment with recipes she has seen on telly. Very rarely are these recipes very nice, but I tell her they are. Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm the chooser of what to grow, the grower, the picker, the cook and the wiper upper after dinner. Paul will eat anything, is not fussy nor a foodie at all but quite likes new things. We both adore veg although he can get a bit plaintive when veg outnumber the protein 6 to 1.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Bren Offline
(18-07-2020, 08:41 AM)Jimny14 Wrote: I grow and pick, we share cooking duties. Neither of us are fussy eaters so most things can be prepared and eaten without problem. Jen was a little surprised when I turned in from gardening with a globe artichoke grown from the garden. I was instructed to cook that, but she happily helped eat it.
We're the same Jimny with sharing the cooking but we both have our fave makes,  mine is making soup, bread and chilli, MrB his  is stir fries and bols, pasta so neither of us interfere then.  Otherwise we will share cooking and washing up.

The veg garden is my hobby  Smile    MrB will  help with anything I'm not strong or tall enough  to do.
[-] The following 6 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Greenfingers, Jimny14, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
I'm the grower, picker and main cook. If it's late when I come in out of the garden, it tends to be pie and chips or pizza. One reason I regularly make a big pan of curry that will last a few days (may be up to a week the one I just made tonight but I think it tastes good). Mrs.Chris does pod the peas which have been a bumper crop this year. I've stopped picking now as have 20lb in freezer so will need to look at recipes for dried peas.
[-] The following 6 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Greenfingers, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(17-07-2020, 11:21 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I’m grower, picker and cook in our house
Yep, that's me!

I'm a bit last minute too...Im often frying something and running outside to get the herbs or some leaves Smile
[-] The following 7 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Greenfingers, JJB, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(18-07-2020, 10:04 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(17-07-2020, 11:21 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I’m grower, picker and cook in our house
Yep, that's me!

I'm a bit last minute too...Im often frying something and running outside to get the herbs or some leaves Smile
That’s me getting the parsley for the carrots and potatoes
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
20lb of Peas!!! That is some harvest.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Get your peashooter out.  My brother used to use me as a target Sad

What variety Mark and what protection from pea moth grubs.  The only reason I don't grow peas is the nasty surprises you get.  Paul was rather plaintive yesterday  -  I had given him some fresh raspberries and there was an even fresher woodlice amongst his custard.  I told him it was extra protein but he didn't appreciate it. Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 6 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Greenfingers, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Eating bugs and grubs and creepy crawlies will be the way forward  - although perhaps not in the custard Confused
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli