Grower & Cook?
Mikey Offline
Crunchy custard, if you'd added a bit of crumble he'd have been none the wiser....

I have to meticulously wash everything that enters the house now, ever since my father gave us some purple sprouting and it was infested with ants and aphids. OH is not so keen on unprotected veg, me I don't mind sharing.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Greenfingers, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I do not want to share my food with aphids. I have always had glasses for longer distances but lately my close sight has changed.

OMG, the dirt that was on my garlic chives wasn't dirt....YUK - maybe brushing it off isn't the right thing to do. I need to wear glasses prepping dinner these days Sad
[-] The following 6 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Greenfingers, JJB, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Way back in the day a long long time ago I had an auntie with a gentleman friend. Said gentleman strayed and started playing away. Auntie found out. Found a cabbage from the garden infested with caterpillars, cooked it ( including caterpillars) covered it in white sauce and served it up to him. Told him after! The story goes she also took a pin to his condoms!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(25-07-2020, 12:10 AM)Scarlet Wrote: I do not want to share my food with aphids. I have always had glasses for longer distances but lately my close sight has changed.

OMG, the dirt that was on my garlic chives wasn't dirt....YUK - maybe brushing it off isn't the right thing to do. I need to wear glasses prepping dinner these days Sad

That reminds me of a sweet chestnut incident here. Our neighbour gave us a load and we had half of them cooked whole in a sauce of some sort - delicious, juicy & creamy inside. I then prepped the other half for using in small pieces and found that the insides were pretty much 100% big fat grubs - juicy & creamy...

Haven't touched them since!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie