Special Offers
mcdood Offline
It's Richmoor and I have to say it doesn't look great. Just opened one bag to use in a tub for potatoes. It's very woody and I found 1 piece of plastic and a piece of green material. On the bright side if you sieved it you might have 20l of firewood as well as 20 litres of compost Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 6 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thanks Mick - that's really helpful.x
I suppose for £10 its OK as a bulk compost for spuds or maybe in the bottom of pots with some better stuff in the top couple of inches. I won't rush to Morries.Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • mcdood, Vinny

toomanytommytoes Offline
It must be hard for the green waste composters to get all of the plastic out of whatever people chuck in their green bins! On one trip to the local tip, the green waste skip contained a rope swing and a solar powered garden light.
[-] The following 6 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Bren, JJB, mcdood, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

mcdood Offline
DTBrown have an offer on shallots,onions and potatoes if you need some. Buy 2 packs get cheapest free. Code D21EFREE.
[-] The following 3 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Mr F (their sister company) had their onions half price last weekend but I couldn't order them - their website had an error. I'm hoping that Mr F do it again as I don't really want 100s of onions - even if they are 2 for 1.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • mcdood, Vinny

Vinny Online
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(24-03-2021, 02:05 PM)mcdood Wrote: It's Richmoor and I have to say it doesn't look great. Just opened one bag to use in a tub for potatoes. It's very woody and I found 1 piece of plastic and a piece of green material. On the bright side if you sieved it you might have 20l of firewood as well as 20 litres of compost Smile
It may be different in different areas, or even different bags, but I have to disagree with the quality  assessment when compared to Aldi's peat free stuff, Morrisons stuff is like 'chalk and cheese' in comparison and is really good. Rolleyes

You pays your money and takes your chance I suppose, but for what I need it for its adequate and at a good price. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • mcdood, Veggie

mcdood Offline
Purely hearsay, whereas I provided documented evidence m'lud  Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Online
(25-03-2021, 07:30 PM)mcdood Wrote: Purely hearsay, whereas I provided documented evidence m'lud  Wink
What the heck do you want for  two squid a bag? Huh You will probably be able to get better compost for two or three times that amount but do you honestly think the tatties in the MFB's will notice. Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • mcdood, Veggie

mcdood Offline
My tatties have a very discerning taste.
2 squid a bag, MFB ? Whatever do you mean sir.
[-] The following 2 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Online
(25-03-2021, 10:48 PM)mcdood Wrote: My tatties have a very discerning taste.
2 squid a bag,  MFB ?  Whatever do you mean sir.
OH dear.......I'll assume you are not joking or winding me up? Rolleyes

£2.00 for a 40 litre bag of compost  to be able to grow seed potatoes in  Morrisons Flower buckets. Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, mcdood, Veggie