Special Offers
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(24-10-2023, 05:49 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Probably because yours was a massive amount of seeds  Wink . Mine was Royal Mail.

And I looked up our free carrot seeds. A favourite variety of the Australians, where DTBrown also have outlets. I didn’t know that.
My letterbox siize box was personally Royal Mail delivered as well.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
My seeds from Mr F were posted through the letterbox. Our postman is seemingly very shy and always avoids contact with anyone if he can, so never knocks if he can make the delivery fit through the box. Never looks up, never makes eye contact Rolleyes

I found I'd been given a bonus packet of spring onion seeds in with my order. Guess they have a lot to get rid of. Shame I don't much like them.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
My 1st order from MrF has arrived. I'm guessing that the postie tried to fit it through the letterbox but couldn't so put it in the porch on the seat (my safe place!). He'd also posted some letters through the letterbox which is why I think he failed with the seeds!.
My Free packet is Calendula Bull's Eye which I've ordered in one of my other orders. Ah well, you can never have too many calendula.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Vinny Offline
(26-10-2023, 02:11 PM)Moth Wrote: My seeds from Mr F were posted through the letterbox. Our postman is seemingly very shy and always avoids contact with anyone if he can, so never knocks if he can make the delivery fit through the box. Never looks up, never makes eye contact Rolleyes

I found I'd been given a bonus packet of spring onion seeds in with my order. Guess they have a lot to get rid of. Shame I don't much like them.
My Mr F order has just arrived through the letterbox with the same spring onion seeds freebie. I didn't see who delivered it but it has 'whisti' on the label so I presume they are a delivery service?
Box is exactly the sam as DT Browns box and there are so may similarities I wonder whether they are the same firm?

Some of the seedpackets have pictures of plant on them, unlike seeds from DT Brown.
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I've got two packages of seeds awaiting my return home, something to look forward to.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(26-10-2023, 02:49 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(26-10-2023, 02:11 PM)Moth Wrote: My seeds from Mr F were posted through the letterbox. Our postman is seemingly very shy and always avoids contact with anyone if he can, so never knocks if he can make the delivery fit through the box. Never looks up, never makes eye contact Rolleyes

My Mr F order has just arrived through the letterbox with the same spring onion seeds freebie. I didn't see who delivered it but it has 'whisti' on the label so I presume they are a delivery service?
Box is exactly the sam as DT Browns box and there are so may similarities I wonder whether they are the same firm?

Some of the seedpackets have pictures of plant on them, unlike seeds from DT Brown.
Mr F & DTBrown are the same firm - hence their offers mirroring each other and the same seeds being available on both sites.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Two more Mr F orders have arrived - both delivered by Whistl through the letterbox!
Free seeds were Aubergine Green Knight and White Lisbon spring onions which seem to be a popular free item.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • toomanytommytoes, Vinny

toomanytommytoes Online
Whistl post is delivered by Royal Mail, at least round here. They're a different company but they hand over the mail to Royal Mail for the last leg, or something like that. They used to be called TNT.
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
My Mr F & DT Brown seeds have just cost me another squid from the charity shop as I had to buy two plastic 'tupperware' type containers to put them in for half a squid a knock! Rolleyes One for flowers and one for veg seeds. Have you seen how much seed packet containers are on the interweb? No way, hosay, Tongue containers from Farplace will do me just fine! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Most of my storage containers are old video boxes or free ones from Morries salad counter. The salad stuff comes in larger plastic boxes and is decanted into the self service containers. I asked what happened to the boxes and was told they were binned - so I've saved a few bags of them from the dump. There are 2 sizes, both are worth having!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB