Angelle baby plum tomato
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I have heard of cherry cascade - I think it may be F1 so I won't have grown it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Paulie saved Angelle and I grew his seeds alongside my shop ones.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Thanks for the link, that forum look vaguely familiar, I can't think why! So what I'm about to do has already been done, there's a quote about that somewhere but eludes me at the present. I like the taste of Angelle so I'll still experiment, there's enough seeds for a seed swap if anyone wants some next season.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Veggie

Mikey Offline
I think it’s pot luck with commercial tomatoes as they can often come out different from what’s expected. I imagine commercial growers use f1 plant but they are grown in massive multi variety greenhouses. Who’s to say what come from this when growing at home.

This is part of the reason I only grow three types now and in different spaces, I don’t want cross pollination if I can help it, as I want to save seed for the next year.

I’ve put a sign up for the bees check your pollen at the door, no bags allowed in the store while shopping. Big Grin
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Having saved some seed of what was a very nice tomato called Angelle on the supermarket packet, I bought some more from the same shop, still called Angelle, and they are totally different. I have a feeling Angelle is a generic name to keep the punters happy. The new packet is nothing like the old, bigger plums and not so sweet. Glad I saved the seed, but have no idea what it is!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man