Bitter courgettes?
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've never had it before ever! So I do hope they get better. I remember the cucumber fiasco...every cucumber plant ( a white one) has bitter cues. Such a disappointment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Veggie

Roitelet Offline
Be careful bitter courgetts can cause a rather poorly tummy!
[-] The following 2 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
There's another one on there that's just about big enough to taste- the last one was so disgusting I really don't wan to try!!!
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Offer it to one of the boys!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Well I've shot myself in the foot cos I got one of them to taste the last one! And they remember the bitter cucumbers Big Grin ( we did a few tricks on their friends too) so they are very wary when I ask them to taste something Big Grin
  • Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Well it grew another two courgettes and both were bitter so I pulled the plant. Never done that before.

Now, I've 2 plants from the first sowing left but these do not look like courgettes - both maybe 5ft long! They have sprouted 2 female flowers with a little gobdtopper sized blob on the end - this doesn't bode well. They were from a t&M pack! I don't particularly like courgettes but now I'm having such bad luck I really want some!!
  • toomanytommytoes

toomanytommytoes Offline
(04-07-2020, 11:01 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Well it grew another two courgettes and both were bitter so I pulled the plant. Never done that before.

Now, I've 2 plants from the first sowing left but these do not look like courgettes - both maybe 5ft long! They have sprouted 2 female flowers with a little gobdtopper sized blob on the end - this doesn't bode well. They were from a t&M pack! I don't particularly like courgettes but now I'm having such bad luck I really want some!!

Sounds like some funky cross pollination has gone on in the seed production process.
[-] The following 1 user Likes toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yes, I've rummaged around and I can't find the packet. I have been trying to clear out all my seeds so it probably went in the bin.
But it was definitely a T&M pack Sad

Bren Offline
You gave the plant a chance at producing a better courgette wonder how many other plants were effected in that batch of seeds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm toying with pulling these other two - honesty they don't look like courgette plants. They are huge. I've got more beetroot in modules, not ready to plant out yet so these "funky" courgettes Big Grin get to live a few more weeks yet.