Any fruit you wouldn't grow again?
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I used to dream that my garden would be full of fruit trees and bushes producing a never ending supply of delicious and exotic fruits.
Dreams don't always come true, however!

Some of the trees I've planted have not lived up to my dream and, reluctantly, I'm giving them the chop!

Its Goodbye to most of the peaches and nectarines. Two  "Avalon Pride" peaches have had a stay of execution as it seems less prone to peach leaf curl than the others.

Most of the cherry trees have also gone. I've kept 3 small ones that I should be able to net and a large one that looks great in flower and autumn colour but is always stripped of its fruit by birds.
The apricots are on probation - they haven't fruited at all yet. Neither has the persimmon and mulberry but they'll be kept for novelty value.

The Quince has its first fruit forming this year and the medlar fruited last year but I didn't eat any. Again, they'll be kept as novelties!

I'm also pulling up the yellow raspberries (they taste of sugar water - not raspberries) and the Japanese wineberries and Worcesterberries have been demoted to the edible hedge.

Is there any fruit you've planted that you wouldn't grow again?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Don’t think I’ve ever actually brought any fruit trees or bushes.
This garden already had a lot when we moved in. The pear tree & cherry is completely pointless. The apple trees produce reasonably well but they’re only any good for cooking with. Even though they are eating apples, there’s nothing resembling sweetness to them. The plums are fantastic. The raspberries, gooseberries, red & black currant all do ok and I harvest from them but happy to share with the blackbird.
The blueberries didn’t last long. After harvesting 5 fruit from 2 plants over 3 years! They got ripped out.

I’ll be having an edible hedge somewhere in my new garden.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I almost forgot my little pomegranate!
I’m not expecting anything from him in the fruit department. I’m just hoping he will look pretty in my new garden.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Tree fruit are a dismal failure here. Planted a Stella cherry years ago, when it matured it fruited and was still small enough to protect I may have got a couple of bowls full of fruit but since then even the birds don't get a feed. It's for the chop when we have time. The 5-6 apples that were here when we moved in weren't that tasty, and now 3 of them have blossom wilt. They will have to recover next year or there will be discussions with the management. I have a real beast of a blackberry, it eats humans but does give huge fruit so it is forgiven. I was gifted a thornless blackberry which has smaller fruit and is meagre with its produce, I wouldn't bother with it normally, but its easier leaving it to be. Personally I wouldn't bother with rhubarb or gooseberries - but Paul likes them.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie