Thing to sow undercover from July
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Barring accidents, I'm assuming the GH might be erected by mid July at the latest.  The border soil is ok but not brilliant and improving it will be a work in progress.  I've more than enough beans, cucumbers, courgettes  and tomatoes.  What bright ideas have you all got for me to sow/plant in July to make me feel the new GH is mildly productive.  I could sow now in modules if necessary but haven't got a potting place (it's full of tomatoes and cucumbers Smile )
I'm thinking maybe some carrots to last into the late autumn.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

toomanytommytoes Offline
Carrots, baby beetroot, turnips, lettuce, spinach, pak choi, mizuna, komatsuna, kale, radishes, spring onions.
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-06-2020, 06:34 PM)Veggie Wrote: Some of you may remember that the VC Calendar has 3 seasons :-
Season No 1 = March - June
Season No 2 = July - October
Season No 3 = November - February

The summer Equinox was yesterday and we are moving into No 2 - or, as I think of it, the Second Spring.  Its the time when I resow the quick maturing seeds I sowed in March - courgettes, beans, peas and some early tomatoes;  salad leaves, carrots, beetroot, radish and spring onions, kale and  cabbage. In fact most veg apart from those that need to be in the ground for a looooooooooooong time.

Don't want to upset you but, with the daylight hours decreasing, July is also the time to plant Spinach, Fennel and many Oriental veggies that are prone to bolting if sown to early.

What I said on another Thread and you replied wishing you had the room! Well soon you will have. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot

Bren Offline
End of July beginning of August is when I sow my winter lettuce in pots then it’s ready to go in the GH border when the Toms come out.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
All excellent suggestions thanks. Veggie - quite justified in the telling off. I remember the post now. I blame dementia setting in, the memory was never brilliant to start off with. I'm not sure an 8x6 will give me oodles of room, but it would be nice to justify the GH's existence to P.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Your memory not brilliant? Who are you, by the way?...................and can you remind me who I am while you're about it. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(26-06-2020, 03:46 PM)Veggie Wrote: Your memory not brilliant? Who are you, by the way?...................and can you remind me who I am while you're about it. Wink

That's very similar to a conversation Paul and I have on a regular basisSmile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie