A little chilli update
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Loving one of my Hungarian black plants this year. Never seen anything so beautiful

Everything else is doing quite nicely as well. It’s nearly time for my first proper harvest.

Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(29-07-2020, 06:52 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Hi guys looking for some advice now, my Caynne chillies are now so long no they are sitting on the soil of the raised bed and bending, I’m also worried about them sitting on damp soil. Th3 plants are tall and strong but the fruit are on lower branches. Any suggestions or pointers for me ?.
Firstly stop panicking cayennes do have a slight bend. You could slide some bits of slate under them so they’re not sat on the soil.

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(29-07-2020, 06:56 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Loving one of my Hungarian black plants this year. Never seen anything so beautiful

Everything else is doing quite nicely as well. It’s nearly time for my first proper harvest.
Looks super SC, do you deliberately spread out your plants, my two Unknown’s are loaded with fruit but the seem to be intertwined within itself.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(29-07-2020, 07:04 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(29-07-2020, 06:56 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Loving one of my Hungarian black plants this year. Never seen anything so beautiful

Looks super SC, do you deliberately spread out your plants, my two Unknown’s are loaded with fruit but the seem to be intertwined within itself.
I put the pots as far away from each other as I can at the beginning of the season. But when it gets to this time of year I’ve not much clue where one stops and another begins.  If you mean do I train each plant to go outward, no I let them do what ever they like. Only thing I do is keep adding to the support. So I don’t get any broken limbs ( on the plant, not me ) or pots falling over because the plants so top heavy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Yours look lovely but I think I might stick to just one plant for next year. I fear I may be overwhelmed with chillies from just the one. Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(29-07-2020, 11:18 PM)JJB Wrote: Yours look lovely but I think I might stick to just one plant for next year.  I fear I may be overwhelmed with chillies from just the one.  Smile
What variety you growing JJB ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(14-07-2020, 08:21 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(14-07-2020, 07:02 PM)Can the Man Wrote: My Hungarian wax has started to produce fruit
So’s mine
Looks like one from my mixed pepper selection. So thats's what it is. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(30-07-2020, 09:32 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(14-07-2020, 08:21 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(14-07-2020, 07:02 PM)Can the Man Wrote: My Hungarian wax has started to produce fruit
So’s mine
Looks like one from my mixed pepper selection. So thats's what it is. Cool
Did you get a list of possibly varieties with your mixed selection? Unfortunately there are lots of chillies that look very similar. Here you go this should confuse you a bit more  Wink  

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/chili...i-peppers/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Nope I didn't notice a list and I have lost the packet now. I think I can recognise Jalapeno's,Cayenne and possibly Hot Wax, although the one I tasted wasn't very hot?

I also have six habanero.s grown from a different packet. As well as these I have three named chillie plants I was given, including Bhut Jolokia and Dorset naga methinks.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(29-07-2020, 06:52 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Hi guys looking for some advice now, my Caynne chillies are now so long no they are sitting on the soil of the raised bed and bending, I’m also worried about them sitting on damp soil. Th3 plants are tall and strong but the fruit are on lower branches. Any suggestions or pointers for me ?.
Just adding a picture

Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • toomanytommytoes