Mangetout
doublyjonah Offline
I hope to have some Bijou and Oregon Sugar Pod for a seed swap. But, you know, I don't recommend anyone hold their breath for my seed saving skills...Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes doublyjonah's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(19-06-2020, 10:19 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Bijou are back in stock with RS Smile
They're in stock at Brown Envelope Seeds too. I'm wavering............order some and sow them now or wait to see whether any of my 16 old seeds germinate or................

rely on doublejonah's seed saving skills for a swap. Decisions, decisions. Rolleyes
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Are Bijou rare in the spring? I was of a mind to buy so e next season as I haven't room for them now.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I don't think they're rare but it depends on how many seeds RS have to sell and whether they're snapped up before you order.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Understood. Now you've put a right ditherer (me) into a quandary. Buy now or risk not getting them in the spring. I hate decisions!
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I put a seed order in to RS in February and they'd sold out by then.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Oooh, thanks for that V, may need to get my skates on then.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
I ordered some too, along with some beans that I thought I had in my seed box but didn't Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
[attachment=568 Wrote:Veggie pid='2860' dateline='1592314677']I've just remembered - I do have a few Bijou peas.Smile
A couple of years ago I had a cunning plan to sow the same seeds every week through autumn and winter to see whether the seeds would hold back germinating until the spring or grow whatever the temperature.
Not sure what they were - think it was Gardener's Delight tomato, ?Beth Alpha cucumber, Bijou pea, a ?French bean and a courgette.
I bagged one of each seed into a "sow weekly" packet and I still have 16 packets. Smile
As for the cunning plan............the tomato and pea germinated early and I grew the peas on to maturity in the GH. The others failed to do anything!

What to do now? Pick out the peas or sow each mixed bag together?

I sowed all the seeds apart from the tomatoes and, since I didn't know what they were I didn't bother with labels, but did sow all the mangetout in one row, beans in another etc.

There's life in 3 rows - can you guess which is which? Are any of them Bijou M/T?
You might like to guess how many of each will germinate too - there were 16 seeds of each. 

Photos to follow - just whetting your appetites!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

SarrissUK Offline
My Bijou seeds arrived today, so I'll be sowing them tomorrow, along with all the other peas and beans that were delivered today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Veggie