Turmeric
SarrissUK Offline
That's really interesting Vinny - thank you for sharing! I don't have any diagnosis for anythig, and the more active I am, the less aches and pains I have, but it wouldn't hurt to take something like that.

I don't like the taste of it either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man

Curly Offline
I have never tried turmeric as a painkiller but do use garlic and honey which I find works with osteoarthritis which I have in my shoulders and hands
[-] The following 3 users Like Curly's post:
  • Can the Man, Stem20, Veggie

Stem20 Offline
(09-06-2020, 10:23 PM)Curly Wrote: I have never tried turmeric as a painkiller but do use garlic and honey which I find works with osteoarthritis which I have in my shoulders and hands
How do you administer it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stem20's post:
  • Can the Man

Greenfingers Offline
My husband has tried turmeric twice now for his osteoarthritis along with every lotion, potion, tablet and gadget. It really upset his stomach though on both occasions. He hasn't heard of "garlic and honey" helping though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Greenfingers's post:
  • Can the Man

Curly Offline
(10-06-2020, 08:19 AM)Stem20 Wrote:
(09-06-2020, 10:23 PM)Curly Wrote: I have never tried turmeric as a painkiller but do use garlic and honey which I find works with osteoarthritis which I have in my shoulders and hands

Sorry it took so long to get back to you with an answer to your question I still don't know how to find my way around here
Crush garlic cloves into a jar then cover the garlic with pure honey then fit a lid to the jar and release the pressure that will build up every day the garlic is supposed to be weighed down so that it's completely covered but I have found that if you turn the jar upside down and leave sitting that way for a while works just as well, let it foment for a week at the least then start taking a teaspoon every morning on an empty stomach
[-] The following 2 users Like Curly's post:
  • Can the Man, Stem20

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(09-06-2020, 12:42 PM)Veggie Wrote: Thanks Vinny!
I've  ordered 500mg Turmeric from Lloyds http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/nu-u-nu...5-capsules
Ordered 2 for free P&P and I'll be sharing.Wink
Ordered 9/6 and they arrived a few days later - maybe 12/6. Started taking them straight away.
No ill effects from the turmeric . 

I didn't have any real problems anyway - just the occasional twinges, so I'm taking it as a preventative, rather than a cure. If it keeps me mobile, I'll be happy. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Stem20 Offline
(25-06-2020, 03:50 PM)Curly Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 08:19 AM)Stem20 Wrote:

Sorry it took so long to get back to you with an answer to your question I still don't know how to find my way around here
Crush garlic cloves into a jar then cover the garlic with pure honey then fit a lid to the jar and release the pressure that will build up every day the garlic is supposed to be weighed down so that it's completely covered but I have found that if you turn the jar upside down and leave sitting that way for a while works just as well, let it foment for a week at the least then start taking a teaspoon every morning on an empty stomach
Thanks for information i will give it a try
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stem20's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Online
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
According to your stats veggie you should have been taking it for a fortnight? Some say results after 2 weeks but others a month. Have you noticed any improvement yet?
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Haven't noticed any difference but I don't have any real mobility problems anyway. I'd like to keep it that way.Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man