2020 Seed Swap Circles
Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
I'll probably have some CFB "Cobra" spare, as they just keep going and going - in the wet windy spell we had in August, I wasn't able to pick many so they went over, then after I picked those to dry, the plants had a second spurt!

Would be interested in a few purple-podded CFBs to try (easier to find among the leaves!) or a mild chilli.
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
Mine are mainly tomatoes I am sorry - I am a bit of an addict x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 3 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
(24-09-2020, 09:26 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: So far, I think I'll have

Calendula "Sherbet Fizz"
Tomato: Yellow Pear, Blush, Marmande, Plum Roma, Gardener's Delight, Black Cherry, Violet Jasper (Blush and Violet Jasper for JJB)
Cosmos (Fizzy Rose Picotee) (All the flowers for Scarlet!)
Sweet peas (Purple Pimpernel and a random red sweet pea)
Scabiosa (Blue annual, temporarily misplaced the name)
Bijou mangetout (maybe around 10?)
Vermont Cranberry DFB (around 10-15?)

Sorry, it's not a complete list but I'm getting excited so I wanted to share. Please note, I haven't saved many of these types of seed before so I'm also worried that they'll be duds!

Looking like having (relatively) loads of Tiger CFB and potentially Mrs Connell's Black Runner Beans, and a few White Crown-Flowered Peas. All from seed from a previous forum originally, so I have limited info about them. I love growing beans Big Grin I hope someone else does too or I won't be much good in a swap.
[-] The following 4 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IIRC Tiger beans came from Scarlet, Mrs Connell's maybe Scarlet or Norfolk grey and White Crown peas came from nellie-m in Germany.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Norfolk Grey Offline
Pest Controller
Sorry, bit late to the party. Is it an 'all sorts' circle. I don't have much of anyone thing this year. Happy to start a seed parcel if that is of interest to anyone (box of seeds get sent one at a time down a list of peeps and you take out and put in whatever you fancy so it costs you a small parcel price to post on to the next person in the list)
1 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed, 4....
5 seed, 6 seed, 7 seed, more!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Norfolk Grey's post:
  • Mamzie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Its an "All sorts" circle at the mo, NG.
We haven't considered a seed parcel as an option........so far!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Norfolk Grey

Mamzie Offline
I have a list... all tomatoes I am sorry. Wondering how many seeds to put into a packet, if any one wanted some. I think I can do 3 packs of 4 for all of these. This is my first time saving seed deliberately to share, so hoping these are ok.

Indigo Rose, - my favourite tomato of 2020, smoky very tasty, and lasted longest of all the plants before blight
Black Opal - like Black cherry, but doesn't split as much, very tasty
Dark galaxy, - I loved the colours on this and was nice taste
Rosello, - very nice tomato,
Indigio Pear Drops, - very unique striking fruit, tasty and surprise pear shaped
Pink Grape, - a different colour as quite pink
Jaune Flamme, - nice tasting tomato, ideal for sandwich
Nectar Rose, - absolutely lush tasting tomato
Peacevine, - I really enjoyed this sweet cherry, very proflic, seemed to be semi determinte, I going try growing this one outside next year,
Minibel,- nice small plant, good for small sp[aces and kids, basic cherry tomato
Latah - nice tomato, but really didn't seem to like it here as struggled to grow strongly, (we are 1400ft high)
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 4 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • doublyjonah, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Being very new to seed circles, never been involved in one before, how do they work and when do we start 'dealing' with the seeds? Or have I missed a thread somewhere that explains it all? ....... DUH! Just found the guidelines thread. I'd better do a sort out and add/sort out my list of offers properly. I'm still a bit confused though, V said the swaps are arranged personally but I seem to remember Scarlet saying she would be happy to pack up seeds?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
JJB/Mamzie/everyone...........when there are lots of people with a specific interest, say tomatoes, there'll be a separate circle just for them. If 10 people were in that circle, you'd make up 9 packets of seed (9 because you're the 10th and don't want your own seeds back)...........and send them to the organiser with a SAE.
The organiser will send you a packet of every seed that has been contributed - so if there are 10 people in the circle and everyone sent in 4 types of tomatoes you'd receive 36 packets back!

Since there aren't many of us in G&G yet we're going to have an All-in-one swap and we'll be asking for names and seeds being shared soon. At that point, we'll have a better idea of how many seeds we should put into each packet for Scarlet to send back.

Mamzie, when you say "3 packs of 4" does that mean you have 12 seeds of each variety to swap?
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mamzie, Scarlet, Small chilli

Mamzie Offline
Yes, I have made up main packets. I reckon I should have enough of each seed to make up 3 packs of 4 seeds for each variety, if that is enough seeds? A few varieties I have more seeds x
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mamzie's post:
  • Veggie