RIP temporary tunnel
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
That’s the end of that then.

We removed the cover completely. Secured everything as much as I could. Plants, seeds & cuttings are just going to have to take their chances.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Awww, sad. Sad Is that the one you hoped to cover with netting? I've been wondering how the storm was affecting you.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I had the same problem with an aluminium greenhouse once that I sited in the sun, until the West wind got a hold of it and turned it into a mangled box kite! Rolleyes Hopefully not too much damage done to your plants and you can rig up a alternative place for them?
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(19-10-2023, 01:35 PM)Veggie Wrote: Awww, sad. Sad Is that the one you hoped to cover with netting? I've been wondering how the storm was affecting you.
Yeah it was going to be that one. Might still be able to use it as it’s only the middle hoop that’s bent.and it was going to be shortened anyway. I was planning on beefing it up with storm braces and things so it might still be usable. I’ve not actually studied the structural damage to closely yet. As it’s flipping unpleasant out there. Fingers crossed.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(19-10-2023, 01:58 PM)Vinny Wrote: I had the same problem with an aluminium greenhouse once that I sited in the sun, until the West wind got a hold of it and turned it into a mangled box kite! Rolleyes Hopefully not too much damage done to your plants and you can rig up a alternative place for them?
Hopefully get one of my real tunnels up. But probably not soon enough for some of the plants. I’ve put my pomegranate and one of each ( like choosing your favourite child! ) avocado, lemon & blood orange in the caravan. They’ll be safer in there until we need it.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie, Vinny