Pollytunnel shelving
Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
Have any of you made hanging or fixed shelves for your pollytunnel? If so how and what with? 
I'm thinking of shortening the blow away and cover it with insect mesh.  To cover the brassica bed.  Hopefully have shelves running down each side I could have my strawberry plants in their as well.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Can’t help.
What I would give for a poly tunnel!!
No room for one,sadly.
[-] The following 5 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
How strong are the bars on your polytunnel? I tried something similar with one of the really cheap ones when the cover started to disintegrate - so I covered it with debris netting. It was OK until the metal hoops rusted in the rain. I wouldn't have wanted to hang anything from them, even at the beginning as they' weren't very strong.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
Yeah the strength isn’t quite what I’m used to., but it has been put though it’s paces with the recent storms, it’s still stand. Granted it’s tied down in 4 different directions. But the actual frame work is ok. The cover however is a little below par.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I have hanging shelves in my tunnel. They came with it as I bought the pack together with the raised beds.
Strawberries were a disaster in the tunnel on the shelves, I kept the, in large pots each with its own water supply, but they just didn’t produce, I think the also struggled with pollination in the tunnel which I have learned more about now having grown the tomatoes and chilli’s and cukes that need pollination. When I moved the strawberries outside into raised beds with cooler climate, natural watering, more open pollination I had fabulous success. Now I don’t really use the hanging shelves anymore. I used them when I pricked out the tomatoes and chilli’s but only for a week or 2 until I was ready to plant on.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 5 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Admin, JJB, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
This chap made his own hanging shelf out of roof battens - https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=9YlMSsy8YeA
[-] The following 4 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
That’s perfect. I can do that. Thanks TMTT.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man