The growing bug
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Has anyone got the growing bug for next year already? I definitely have. I’m making lot of plans  Big Grin .

Especially as I’ve learned we’ve been given incorrect information about needing planning for my big tunnels. We don’t need planning so they can go up before we finish building  Big Grin Big Grin   Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, toomanytommytoes, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I was surprised when you said you needed permission for them - as temporary structures. Anyway, good to know you can go ahead and get growing!

As for the bug, yes, its biting me too. I'm hoping to clear some ground, even if its by covering it overwinter with tarpaulin or cardboard, so that I'm ready for a big sow next year.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Vinny

toomanytommytoes Offline
I've already drawn out the growing map for the raised beds for next year and have pretty much decided which tomatoes to grow. Got a bit fed up with gardening towards the end of summer but it's nice to start clearing plants out of the greenhouse ready for winter re-planting.
[-] The following 4 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Farendwoman, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(10-10-2023, 11:06 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: I've already drawn out the growing map for the raised beds for next year and have pretty much decided which tomatoes to grow. Got a bit fed up with gardening towards the end of summer but it's nice to start clearing plants out of the greenhouse ready for winter re-planting.

Much the same here,  but only thinking about varieties of toms so far. I've started clearing the ghs and the remembered thrill of sowing and growing washes over me .
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Planted out my autumn onion seedlings Yesterday and counted the garlic cloves I ordered from The Organic Catalogue. Not too happy with them as they had quite a bit of disease damage on them - and they came with a wine voucher from T&M. Should be planted out tomorrow, weather permitting. Not got any further with next year yet but have created a new sheet in my spreadsheet Big Grin . The onions have grown more may be than they should have.

[-] The following 4 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Farendwoman Offline
Likewise …. Wish I was tough enough to dump any dead and dying pots that are EVERYWHERE!
Getting excited about seed catalogues and bulbs - but need space to put any new things.
Is there such a thing as a “Plant Declutterer”?
I see that wardrobe and home declutterers charge a bleeding fortune to come in and tell you what to throw away (which I would completely ignore even while nodding along and agreeing!)
[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
It's ongoing for me. Always somethig to keep me occupied gardening all year round.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Veggie