Seed store
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Never!! Hate spreadsheets - but I have redrawn my garden plan today!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
My seeds live in tins, all tins are labelled into categories ( March sown flowers, flowers & herbs, peas & beans, March sown veg, veg, salad, micro/ baby leaf seeds)

The individual tins are then sorted into categories. Photo 1 is March flower seeds, a bit of a free for all as they’re just all flowers to be sown in March. Photo 2 is veg seeds which is sorted into March repeat sowing, April sowing, tunnel sowing, tomatoes, chillies.

They all live in the cupboard in my shed

Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, doublyjonah, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
OK Veggie, here's the before, don't laugh  Tongue .  I'm the opposite of you very tidy in the garden but hugely disorganised in the house and everywhere else.  Can't abide housework.  This is a pic of the bed in the spare room (my den) Paul daren't venture in, his tidy mind can't cope.  When I have put some of the seeds away, I shall photo the tidy boxes (hopefully today) where the seeds spend the winter.  Not ideal as they are in a warm house, but needs must.

Everyone is so organised - I feel shameful Sad
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 6 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, doublyjonah, Norfolk Grey, Small chilli, Veggie

Bren Online
Here’s my seeds this if mid way though a sort out, it doesn’t look lot of seeds but there’s far to many for what growing space I have. 

[-] The following 5 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
I realized that I'm sitting next to the vast majority of my seed collection. Organized into flower seed bag and veg seed ice cream tub. Plus the box that my magic seeds arrived in from the I-think-maybe-now-defunct VSP of forums past. I have saved empty packets to remind me of varieties sown, so about 1/3 of the packets are probably empty. But, unlike some, I have EMBRACED THE SPREADSHEET, so the actual packets can go. I'm thinking everything might get upgraded to ice cream tubs soon. The spreadsheet tells me about dates and I don't have that many seeds (husband feels the sudden, mysterious urge to laugh), so that level of container organization is probably unwarranted.

[-] The following 3 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Does your spreadsheet have pictures of what you're growing? Does it tell you sowing and planting distances?
Do you sow every seed in the packets or save some for later?

Just asking. Wink
I write the sowing date on the packets and put it in a "Sown" box (usually in a bag with other seeds sown that day).
If I'm sowing the same thing a month later, I find the packet and add the new sowing date to it. At the end of the year I grow through the packets, and decide which were worth growing again and whether I need to buy more.
If they didn't impress they go in a random seed jar!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(06-06-2020, 12:25 PM)JJB Wrote: OK Veggie, here's the before, don't laugh  Tongue .  I'm the opposite of you very tidy in the garden but hugely disorganised in the house and everywhere else.  Can't abide housework.  This is a pic of the bed in the spare room (my den) Paul daren't venture in, his tidy mind can't cope.  When I have put some of the seeds away, I shall photo the tidy boxes (hopefully today) where the seeds spend the winter.  Not ideal as they are in a warm house, but needs must.

Everyone is so organised - I feel shameful Sad

So here is an after.  Seeds in drawers compartmented into quarters, each quarter a type, i.e. cucurbits, carrots brassicas, sweetcorn, alliums, etc.  Within each quarter is chaos at the moment but started off in the early spring fairly structured.  The drawers/boxes are plastic shoe protection boxes which slot together.  Not airtight though.

I too have several spreadsheets! One for the seed store with varieties and sow by date, another for a record of what's been sown and when, transplanting date, 1st picked, verdict and sometimes planting distances. Must be Paul's influence rubbing off, he loves a spreadsheet. Smile.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, doublyjonah, Small chilli, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
(06-06-2020, 02:10 PM)Veggie Wrote: Does your spreadsheet have pictures of what you're growing? Does it tell you sowing and planting distances?

Just asking. Wink
I write the sowing date on the packets and put it in a "Sown" box (usually in a bag with other seeds sown that day).
If I'm sowing the same thing a month later, I find the packet and add the new sowing date to it. At the end of the year I grow through the packets, and decide which were worth growing again and whether I need to buy more.
Only the empty packets will go. I just need the reminder of when to sow. The rest of the info I can typically find online. Sometimes I crosscheck with different suppliers if I'm not sure about the info on the packet...or I'm looking for someone to agree with me that I can squeeze things a bit closer...

JJB, that was fast! Now you're among the tidiest Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(06-06-2020, 02:29 PM)doublyjonah Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 02:10 PM)Veggie Wrote: Does your spreadsheet have pictures of what you're growing? Does it tell you sowing and planting distances?

Just asking. Wink
Only the empty packets will go. I just need the reminder of when to sow. The rest of the info I can typically find online. Sometimes I crosscheck with different suppliers if I'm not sure about the info on the packet...or I'm looking for someone to agree with me that I can squeeze things a bit closer...

No not really, they were taken very strategically to avoid showing the clutter elsewhere.  Although OH did look in with amazement, saying 'good grief I can see the bed'
If it's not impolite to ask.... why 'doublyjonah'  is there a significance I'm missing?  Don't answer if its private, of course.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
(06-06-2020, 02:39 PM)JJB Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 02:29 PM)doublyjonah Wrote:

Just asking. Wink

No not really, they were taken very strategically to avoid showing the clutter elsewhere.  Although OH did look in with amazement, saying 'good grief I can see the bed'
If it's not impolite to ask.... why 'doublyjonah'  is there a significance I'm missing?  Don't answer if its private, of course.
Not impolite at all. On another forum, I was jonahjonah. As a lot of people came over to this forum and chose similar-but-not-identical usernames to those they used on the old forum, I wanted to follow suit. I have been various iterations of jonah since high school based on my insistence on singing the incorrect lyrics to a favorite song. Not terribly interesting, I'm afraid Smile But no longer mysterious
[-] The following 2 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie