Seed store
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Big Grin 
If you're brave enough,  show us a picture of where and how you store your seeds.  I'll show you mine if you show me yours (after I've tidied it up a bit!)  At the moment most seeds are scattered over the spare bed.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’ll play, need to take photos

If you don’t mind JJB, I’ll move this to the Seed saving & swapping board. I think it’ll be good as a reference of all the different ways you can keep your seeds safe after you’ve saved them   Cool .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Excellent idea, never thought it would be a useful thread, looking at my mess just thought it would be a bit of an embarrassing bit of fun. Move as you wish.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

Here's mine - in a cupboard in the cool bit of the kitchen.

Plastic boxes free from Morries salad bar. 
Each box labelled with contents. Labels are masking tape as its easy to write on and remove.
Contents sorted into types of seed - if there are lots of varieties they have their own box. For example, Kale has a box of its own; swede, turnips and parsnip are together in a box.

Within the box, seeds of the same variety are banded together in date order. They're usually the freebies. 

OK JJB, you've seen mine, now show us yours!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Have patience oh Welsh one, I will. I may even post a before and after tidying up. Trust you to be all organised, and to have a CUPBOARD no less! Us mere mortals have a tatty old shoe box, if that.
Do you throw away old seed (although I think this is a rather silly question). I can't bear to throw away anything, seeds, plants, etc. So so e of my seeds go back eons.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

doublyjonah Online
(06-06-2020, 10:57 AM)JJB Wrote: Have patience oh Welsh one, I will.  I may even post a before and after tidying up.  Trust you to be all organised, and to have a CUPBOARD no less! Us mere mortals have a tatty old shoe box, if that.
Do you throw away old seed (although I think this is a rather silly question). I can't bear to throw away anything, seeds, plants, etc. So so e of my seeds go back eons.
The shoebox made me laugh. That was the downfall of some of my seeds after the box was left in the garage and got a bit moldy. Right now I'm only roughly divided into veg and flowers. I've got to up my game with the new seeds winging their way to me next week Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
In the cold, dark days of winter, I go through the seed boxes and take out the seriously out of date ones and empty the packets into jam jars for scattering randomly in spring. (I have carrots and parsnips growing from these old seeds now).
The in date multiples I know I won't sow go to a local seedswap in February where I acquire more seeds...........to sort into boxes. Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • doublyjonah, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(06-06-2020, 10:50 AM)Veggie Wrote: Here's mine - in a cupboard in the cool bit of the kitchen.

Plastic boxes free from Morries salad bar. 
Each box labelled with contents. Labels are masking tape as its easy to write on and remove.
Contents sorted into types of seed - if there are lots of varieties they have their own box. For example, Kale has a box of its own; swede, turnips and parsnip are together in a box.

Within the box, seeds of the same variety are banded together in date order. They're usually the freebies. 

OK JJB, you've seen mine, now show us yours!!

Flippin eck Veggie. Rolleyes For someone who seems so disorganised/erratic in the garden your seed saving is embarrassingly tidy.

Mine consists of a single tupperware lidded box. Undecided
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • doublyjonah, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Beneath my "disorganised/erratic" appearance in the garden, I actually know what grows where, in a random sort of way.Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(06-06-2020, 11:40 AM)Veggie Wrote: Beneath my "disorganised/erratic" appearance in the garden, I actually know what grows where, in a random sort of way.Wink

You'll be telling me next you've made a spreadsheet!     arrrrgh!(eek) Tongue Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Small chilli