Newly collected seed storage
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
How do you store your newly collected seeds?

I store in a selection to tubs , pots & bags. Depends on the seeds and how dry they are. Eventually they get cleaned, bagged and labelled.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Sounds incredibly organised. Flower seeds usually get shook into an old spread tub, put into the shed, then forgotten. Hence the request for ID posts. Beans are at present being collected in MFBs and put somewhere dry, hoping I can identify the pods thereby the beans. Basically all a bit haphazard. Tomato seeds are a little bit more organised, dried off after fermenting and put into small brown envelopes and labeled.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I leave them in open dishes on the windowsill until I'm happy that they're dry. Then they go in ziplock bags or envelopes, inside a plastic box. I put this somewhere safe and find it again a couple of years later!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Garrett Offline
Usually, I either put them into a labelled brown paper bag if they're light seeds or they're put into a labelled plastic tub lined with kitchen roll to dry off if they're heavier.

Tomato seeds are treated differently, they're spread onto a labelled ceramic saucer to dry off.

Once dry, they're transferred to labelled and dated zip lock bags and stored in the fridge.
[-] The following 3 users Like Garrett's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Bren Offline
(22-09-2023, 08:30 PM)Veggie Wrote: I leave them in open dishes on the windowsill until I'm happy that they're dry. Then they go in ziplock bags or envelopes, inside a plastic box. I put this somewhere safe and find it again a couple of years later!

That's what I do as well.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie