Blight 2023
toomanytommytoes Offline
Blight hasn't spread anywhere near as quickly as I expected it to once it appeared in July. It's not got in to the stem of any tomato plant so I've not lost any fruit. Potatoes have been worse affected, I keep picking leaves off the Cara but it doesn't seem to have got in to the stems there either.
[-] The following 4 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Farendwoman, Garrett, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
That's good news, I've found the same. The leaves have shrivelled a d o ly the occasional fruit affected. The blight resistant t outdoor toms have weathered it very well.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Got blight on orange Banana and Jersey Devil. Cut them down and burnt the foliage.
Hoping some of the green fruits will ripen and be usable. Both have a pretty good crop.
All other varieties looking ok so far!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
I think what I thought was late blight in July was actually early blight, which I've not seen much of before. Late blight has been around in patches for a few weeks but the plants haven't been too much affected until recently. The blight resistant tomatoes are barely touched and the Cara potatoes have a bit on the leaves but it's not got in to the stem yet. A few of the other tomatoes I am going to chop down tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Veggie