What made you sad today
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Mine is a whinge rather than sad.

Student fees and loans during lockdown.

My boys have been home since the end of March. Their student accomodation remained empty - both boys were docked their deposit due to issues...chipped paint etc. Fridge drawer cracked. Both had bills included - they didn't use any gas or electricity. Win win for the landlords.

One of my boys didn't want to take digs this year as he would like to do a PHD...so will rack up lots of bills over the next few years. He emailed the uni a million time's and asked if there was any possibility of doing online only especially as he has a medical condition.
No response - he got worried that if he didn't find a place to live and online wasn't possible he would get into trouble.
First day back last week, induction was online, they were told most work would be delivered online, yesterday Swansea went into lockdown.
I honestly think it was planned so that students wouldn't back out of supporting landlords.
Students get charged daily interest on any loans and grants they take out from the minute the loan is deposited! So wrong.

To top it off he is house sharing with 5 others, so no matter how careful he is he has to rely on the others being mindful too.
[-] The following 6 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Greenfingers, JJB, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Lit the fire in the sejour today - never had to do that in September before. Mind you, there has never been a blanket of snow down to 1500m in September before - pictures of dead cattle that didn't find their way back down during the transhumance and froze overnight is just awful. Normally the farmers have time for a few goes at finding all their beasts Sad
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 5 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Oh dear, me again. I'm really a very happy person.

Today I discovered that we have edible dormice (glis glis) in the area. This makes me sad because the cat was just finishing off everything but the very diagnostic tail. I wish he'd stick to the pesky voles.

[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Roitelet, Veggie

Neffa Offline
Our lovely old rescue died in my arms. Blugger.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. 

Quote author unknown.
[-] The following 3 users Like Neffa's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Neffa Offline
ThatCOVID restrictions mean I had to sit on the floor in the vets private car park whilst Maggie the Sag passed away.
Blugger
Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. 

Quote author unknown.
[-] The following 4 users Like Neffa's post:
  • Greenfingers, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
I'm sorry to hear about your loss Neffa Sad It never gets easier either, does it? Sad Big hugs xx

When I got home today I could smell gas really strongly in the hallway, but not in the front room and living room. I rang the gas board, cause I haven't got the foggiest what to do in these cases. They arrived within a couple of minutes, and started investigating. Turns out that the empty house next door was cleared of all its contents end of last week, which has paved the way for someone that was clearly waiting for that to happen, as it exposed all the pipes under all the rubbish that was left in there. Today they'd broken in and stole as many pipes as they could and left water gushing out of a pipe in the toilet downstairs, and had enough gas gushing out into the house that I could smell it in my hallway through the loft. They'd clearly taken their time, cause they'd gone on the front of the house and turned off the gas supply. It's sad to see someone's house being treated that way after the old gent passed away Sad
[-] The following 4 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(30-09-2020, 04:20 PM)Neffa Wrote: Our lovely old rescue died in my arms. Blugger.
So sorry for your loss Neffa  Sad
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

Broadway Online
(30-09-2020, 04:20 PM)Neffa Wrote: Our lovely old rescue died in my arms. Blugger.
Sorry for your loss NeffaSad
Regards..........Danny Smile

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
So sorry Neffa to her your news - sending virtual hugs.

JJB Offline
Moonraker

So sad Neffa, the loss of an old friend is never easy.  Hugs.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club