Identify Chilli Plant
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
hi I bought 2 of these chillis at the start of lockdown they have both produced loveLy large red chillis about 4” long, they say they are hot but I need about 3-4 for a good curry or chilli con carne.

They have both started producing little white flowers, just wondering if this would help any of our resident chilli experts identify them.

Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
They could be anything but it looks a little like a Hungarian wax?
Not confident....just a guess.
SP will be along soon.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Like scarlet said could be anything! Definitely a capsicum Annuum. Some cayenne type thing. Probably a hybrid of some sort.
The seller’s would probably shout about the fact if it was a known variety.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(03-06-2020, 08:26 PM)Scarlet Wrote: They could be anything but it looks a little like a Hungarian wax?
SP will be along soon.
Hungarian hot wax is an interesting call as I received one from Joy at Sea Spring Plants

(03-06-2020, 11:07 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Like scarlet said could be anything! Definitely a capsicum Annuum. Some cayenne type thing. Probably a hybrid of some sort.
Cayenne is also an interesting possibility as I got 2 Joe Longs Cayenne from Joy also.

we will see when the new plants eventually start producing fruit.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(03-06-2020, 11:30 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 08:26 PM)Scarlet Wrote: They could be anything but it looks a little like a Hungarian wax?
SP will be along soon.
Hungarian hot wax is an interesting call as I received one from Joy at Sea Spring Plants

(03-06-2020, 11:07 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Like scarlet said could be anything! Definitely a capsicum Annuum. Some cayenne type thing. Probably a hybrid of some sort.
Cayenne is also an interesting possibility as I got 2 Joe Longs Cayenne from Joy also.

we will see when the new plants eventually start producing fruit.
Like I said cayenne type (which in my tiny little mind means a generic red pointy pod of a reasonable size ). There’s a very high chance it’s going to be nothing like the joes long. For a start it definitely isn’t long enough.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man