Whats the chances?
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I thought I'd share this story. Not gardenjng related.
My cousin has had Lupus since her teens. She battles on and never moans. She's in her 40's now but had to give up work  sometime ago due to her kidneys packing in. She has a love of Dobermans - she has always gone into hospitals/old peoples homes etc with them as therapy dogs. This also had to stop due to her dialysis treatment taking up too much time.... anyway, she managed to bag herself a kidney Smile ..and she is in the news....its a fab read of a chance meeting. Its changed her life.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-6511...F2arydvCAo
[-] The following 12 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Farendwoman, Jay, JJB, Knotty, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Wow. What an amazing story. You do wonder whether the dog knew something we didn't. How wonderful for your cousin to get her life back. It brought tears to my eyes.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I read that wonderful story yesterday. It was on Radio Wales this morning. Never thought that one of these ladies was your cousin, Scarlet!
These meetings are meant to happen - thankfully, it did. Two lovely people - hope they both have a long and healthy life.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Scarlet

Broadway Offline
I read that this morning, as Veggie and JJB have already said a wonderful story.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
Really wonderful, Scarlet.
[-] The following 5 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(24-04-2023, 11:12 AM)Veggie Wrote: I read that wonderful story yesterday. It was on Radio Wales this morning. Never thought that one of these ladies was your cousin, Scarlet!
These meetings are meant to happen - thankfully, it did. Two lovely people - hope they both have a long and healthy life.
Ditto,I read that uplifting story with a smile on my face! One in 10 million chance, that's deffo 'dog knowledge'! Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Family tried the tests - and for one thing and another none were suitable. Her partner went onto the kidney swap list but nothing turned up. So this was really a miracle.
[-] The following 6 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(24-04-2023, 11:12 AM)Veggie Wrote: I read that wonderful story yesterday. It was on Radio Wales this morning. Never thought that one of these ladies was your cousin, Scarlet!
Didnt you recognise the dogs? Often on my FB page. They come to visit for lunch sometimes Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Oh, those Dogs. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Scarlet, Vinny

Bren Offline
Scarlet that’s wonderful just to think a chance meeting changed your cousin’s life and it’s all down to the friendliness of her dog.
[-] The following 5 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny