I've found my plans and plants
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Some of you may remember that, once upon a time, I had 30 beds in the garden, and I wanted to grow an alphabetically themed Root, Shoot, Fruit, Leaf, Herb and Flower in each of 26 beds. I was more organised than I remember because I've found a book of scale plans for each bed, marked up to show the perennial plants and with empty seed packets for whatever I sowed in that bed. Yes, I was surprised too. Wink

Today, I've been playing in Bed 1A and spotted some Alliums emerging. Thanks to my newly-discovered plan, I can identify them as either Allium Mount Everest or Sphaerocephalum as both were planted in this bed. Don't think I'll find any Aquilegia "Swan mix" or the Achillea Millefolium "Cassis" and the Asparagus peas, Aquadulce broad beans, Aster, Alyssum and Agastache are long gone. The Apple Mint is thriving, however. 
I've sown some Agastache and Anise seeds there today and, I'm going to pick up the alphabet theme and try it again. It'll be harder because I've reduced the number of beds since then but the perennial plants haven't moved, only the edging so I should be able to identify most of the plants. 
 Wonder what I'll find in Bed 2B tomorrow?

I know some of you are very organised with your spreadsheets and diagrams and my plans will be pathetic doodles in comparison but I'm impressed with them - even though the scale is a bit iffy. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I love the way you plan & plant. Your alphabet sowing and your roots, shoots thingy is brilliant. You’re incredibly organised. Just because it may not look it on paper, means nothing. You sow seeds at incredibly regular intervals nearly all year round and across the board with verities, It’s inspirational. I do 90% of my sowing in March and that’s it!
Most of all love hearing about it and seeing the photos.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
2B or not 2B, that is the question.........which you seem to have answered. Organised chaos is still organisation. How did the plan of all your books go?
I have both plans and diagrams but not a lot of imagination, two sides of the coin I suppose. You know you give us endless enjoyment with your schemes, good or perhaps a bit eccentric. Keep on keeping on.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Im a doodler, so I maybe don't have anything down correctly in a diary. I do have random sketch books, with names of plants and diagrams and I also tie this up with photos as I go.
I couldnt spend ages planning because as soon as im in the garden I plant what ever looks most desperate!

Lovely to find out what plant is popping up though.

Im trying agastache this year - i dont think ive grown it before
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

For the record this is Bed 1A. Its L-shaped, the bit in front of the fence, the 2 enclosures behind the fence and a 3rd enclosure at the back, right. Its about 270 sg ft (I don't do metric) but the back, left section (about 80 sq ft)  is unusable for growing as its full of tree roots and all of Bed 1A is shaded by the oak and ash trees and loses all sunlight about midday. Not the best of locations but I'm experimenting with some beetroot and radish behind the fence to see how they do..
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Scarlet, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Is that honesty already flowering?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yes, Honestly its Honesty. I love it, which is just as well as its everywhere. Looks so good with bluebells.

[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Scarlet, Small chilli, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I have found it really tricky to germinate. I eventually managed a dozen plants from a tray that I did months ago. I have planted in my "woodland area" I really hope they start to self seed.
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
It self seeds here too easily - its even drifted into my neighbours' garden. Once you've got it, you'll never be without it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I used to have it! But when small I mistake it for that white dead nettle and thats really invasive here.
  • Veggie